Chapter 21

Trishka POV

We were sleeping on the bed now staring at the roof. The soft splatter of the drizzle outside keeping us company.

Atharva: Can I ask you something ?

Me: Yeah

Atharva: Do you think we would work ? The one chance we are giving each other, would it do us good ?

I turned towards him and slept on my side. He turned to look at me too seeing me facing him.

Me: If it works then we will be saving our relationship. If it does not then it will only give us and our parents assurance that we did everything to save this marriage

Atharva: Umm, Trishka how did finding out about my love change everything ? It is not like knowing about my feelings will change your feelings too right ?

Me:  Atharva, I know it does not change my feelings in the very instant but it did gave me the clarity on why you were inclined to get married to me, on why my dad trusted me with you. My dad knew about your feelings right ?

Atharva: Yeah, I asked for your hand even before you came back but ...

Me: I came back with somebody else 

Atharva: Yeah, I only wanted your happiness and I thought you were happy so I let go of you until they disrespected, insulted and broke off the engagement. Seeing how broken you were I thought I could give you time to heal, apolozise and tell you about my feelings but after your dad was hospitalized we got to know his fears and worries. We proposed and told him that we were ready to wait until you were better.

Me: You were seriously okay to wait for me ?

He nodded

Atharva: When he knew that we had no problem with the infertility or broken engagement although he knew you were not recovered he felt like I could make you better with my love. He thought this relationship would do you good.

Me: Knowing your feelings gave me the clarity on why my dad took that decision which was one of the complaint I had against him. I was so angry because why would he get me married to a guy who hurt me in the past and who did not even like me, but now that is clarified. 

Atharva: Do you have something else to add 

Me: You were right when you said I believe too much in the institute of marraige and I did make a compromise but knowing your side of story about the past, the apology and the fact that you love me, your sacrifice changes things

Atharva: Why ?

Me: Atleast now, I know you do care about me and want me happy so it no longer makes me dread at the thought of staying in the marraige and ...

Atharva: And ?

Me: The whole act of your's to give me my freedom made me want to try hard for this relationship

Atharva: Okay, can I tell you something ?

Me: What ?

Atharva: It really makes me happy to see you giving a shot for this relationship and I will do everything in my power to make you feel heard, respected and loved

Me: I am still in a daze about the fact that you love me ... the annoying ...

Atharva: Hey, you know why I said that. I was a stupid fool ...

Me: I think I am already on the way to forgiving you but I would be taunting you and pulling your leg every now and then. Thats for sure. 

Atharva: Fine, I did make a mistake so I have got to repent it. I think I can take it.

I smiled at that 

Atharva: Can we go to the temple ?

Me: Temple ?

Atharva: We have never been there as a couple and considering our decision, it will be good to take blessings

Me: I never knew you to be a temple going guy

Atharva: There are lots of things you dont know about me

Me: Okay, we can go to the temple 

Atharva: Good night 

Me: Good night 

He was still smiling looking at me. That dimpled smile which brings out a twinkle in his eyes which crinkles on his sides? That one. I wanted to keep looking at that, wait, he was really handsome. 

His eyes that was in color of a coco, his crinkles showing a glimpse of matured man, his neatly maintained stubble. The brownish black hair falling lazily on his forehead. The scar near his brows, his jawline and his body which filled neatly in his night shirt and pants.

Damn, Trishka what are you even thinking ? You now find him handsome ?

My mind threw me a fantasy of rolling close to him and hiding my head on his chest, feeling his arms around my waist. 

I rolled my eyes and chided my mind

Atharva: Are you okay ?

Me: Yeah, why ?

Atharva: You were making faces 

Me: Is it cold here ? 

Atharva: Do you feel cold ?

I nodded 

He raised the temperature of the ac and bought me an extra blanket 

Atharva: Here, this will help 

I nodded but my mind was having its own train of thoughts. An image of me snuggled in to his chest while he was keeping me warm with his bodily heat made its way.

"You are going crazy",

Atharva: Hey what did I do ? I just offered you a blanket ..

Me: No, sorry I was chiding myself to sleep so that we can wake up early tommorow. Okay, bye, good night.

Saying that I turned away from him to give my mind a break but an another vision appeared where Atharva, scooted close to me and kissed me on the cheek as a good night.

Embarassed with my thoughts I covered my embarassed self with blanket and try to zone out . Damn this was a tough night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu