Chapter 15

Trishka POV

Past 

Once the nurse left Atharva came back again and sat down next to me. Right at the same time my parents rushed in with Atharva's.

My mom came straight to me and took me in her arms. I finally felt at peace to have been able to be close to her. She looked at my face and kissed my forehead. 

Dad: Its my turn now 

Mom smiled and let Dad hold me and I silently shed tears. When I was shot I thought I would never be able to see them again but now, im so grateful to be alive and well to be able to be in my parents embrace again.

Mom: I am so glad you are alright now, we got so worried 

Me: I am fine mom, please dont worry 

Atharva's mom came towards me now and hugged me. She took my hands in her's and kissed them

Atharva's Mom: Thank you for saving my son's life. We will forever be grateful to you. I appreciate it very much.

Me: Its okay Aunty

Atharva's Dad: Seriously, why would you save this monkey putting your life in danger ? Always put yourself first sweetie

Me: Your advice is noted uncle

The doctor came to check my stats and confirmed I was recovering. He told me to follow a strict diet until the bullet wounds heals and our parents took note of that. The team told that my discharge would happen after a week once I heal.

Mom: Atharva, you should go and rest for a while. We are here now. 

Atharva: Its okay Aunty, I am fine. I will stay until the visitation time is done

The door opened and the inspector walked in. The inspector  checked how I was doing doing and then started speaking with dad

Me: Inspector, do you know why that shooter was behind Atharva only ? I saw him entering and he was only looking for Atharva. 

Inspector: We found only Atharva's picture in his pocket. He was there only to kill him

Me: Why ? Both of our parents were on that case, then why only aim for Atharva?

Inspector: I dont know. The shooter is in recovery, need to talk to him

My dad: I know why 

Atharva's dad hinted him to go on and explain

My dad: We took up the case as a company but we all got threats, so the board planned to back out from this case. Most of them in the board did not want to take the risk, I was afraid too. So when the board backed out, I was okay with it. But, Atharva's dad stood strong, he fought the case individually while we helped secretly. 

I took a deep breathe in 

Me: So , because uncle stood strong, they are targeting Atharva ?

Atharva's Dad: Yes, I am sorry. Because of me you both were in danger.

Me: Uncle, you did a right thing so please dont think otherwise

Uncle patted my head and once the visitation hours were done, all the men and Atharva's mom left while my mom stayed back. I spoke to her on what all happened that night and she was very happy that we both were safe.

After almost a year 

Atharva and I are best friends now

Since the time we both shook hands to be friends Atharva has been a good friend to me. We both study together because we both managed to get admission in the same college. It is still the first month and I was enjoying my life.