Chapter 17

Daniel

"Hey Sophia," I could hear Adrian's voice in the background. The little guy was crying.

"Hey Daniel," Sophia answered quickly, a rush in her sweet voice. From the sounds that came from the other side, I knew she was moving around and working.

"Oh dear what have you done," she cooed and I knew she was talking to Adrian. Curiosity rang inside me thinking about what the little guy was doing.

"Everything fine?" I asked as I drove in the night towards Angston Hill. The dark ahead of me didn't scare me any more than it did earlier but I was still careful. My speed was quite less than the limit. There was no way I was going to push around the limit.

"Yeah just him playing with the food and throwing it on the floor. He looks like a piece of an art," I could hear the smile in her voice imagining what Adrian was doing. The flashes of him doing that went right through my mind.

"Where are you?" she asked. "It's a little late," she added and now it was time for me to feel tense. I hadn't told anyone that I was going back to Angston so late in the evening.

"Yeah I'm going to Angston Hill," I felt my heart drop for a moment as the line grew silent. I slowed down my speed to the twenties as I drove.

"Sophia," I called out her name.

"Yeah, I'm here," came her reply. "Isn't it too late to be going there?" I could hear the concern in her voice and I too was careful on the path ahead.

"Everything alright?" She asked and I could sense deep worry seeping into her.

"Yeah everything is alright," I paused. "Just needed to talk about a few things with Mom."

"Okay," I could still hear the worry in her tone. "Drive slow and safe," she paused sighing. "Just call me when you reach there."

"Scout's promise. You will be the first one to know and I have already sent you my live location so you can see where I am," I knew beforehand that she would be concerned and I really didn't want her to worry a lot. Putting her mind at ease was my aim.

"Thank you," she replied and I knew that I just put a bit of her worries at ease.

"Be safe, Daniel, and call me once you reach there," she once again reminded me.

"Sure," I was almost halfway there.

"Now drive safely," she said before cutting the call leaving a smile on my lips. I loved her God. I loved all of her.

She made life so easy and this is why I was going to discuss with my mother about proposing to her. I wanted to do this the right way this time. Last time I had rushed everything, and ordered everyone around and my mother had just agreed to everything I had wanted under pressure. I had blackmailed her with my condition. She had agreed but her blessing was missing but this time I would have it all.

As I looked ahead all I saw was the familiar trees surrounded with nothing but darkness. However this time the darkness didn't scare me. In the last few years I have driven through this road many times, and there have been no accidents ever again. I had taken the same path once and lost a lot in my life. Never again would I make that mistake. The tall trees on one side and the sea on the other had haunted me for months and I didn't even want to take the same road without having a panic attack but things were different now.

As I reached the city I breathed in a sigh of relief. Gone were the trees and seas. The hustle and bustle of the city surrounded me. It was a small city but filled with lots many people and tourists. One of the attractions was an old building and garden that was owned by my family. Turning down the street I went directly towards Angstan Hill, my childhood home and only home. Parking right outside the small gate rather than taking up the car to the foyer I walked in through the back door of the kitchen.