Chapter 13

The grand ballroom was filled with an air of opulence, adorned with elegant decorations and sparkling lights. Guests mingled, their chatter and laughter creating a lively atmosphere.

Jennie's parents, Jisoo and Nancy, along with many guests, were already seated at their tables, eagerly awaiting for grandma and her announcement. Seulgi, tasked with entertaining the guests, kept glancing at the entrance, waiting for Lisa to arrive.

Jennie, looking stunning in an elegant dress that accentuated her still-sexy curves despite of being pregnant, waited nervously in a vip room. Her beauty was undeniable, yet a lack of confidence lingered in her eyes. She held the rubber duck Lisa had given her that morning, recalling their conversation with Grandma earlier.

"It was a mice that helped Cinderella out."

"That's right. It was a sneaky mouse which did it"

Grandma had said, making Jennie's cheeks flush as she smiled widely, caressing her tummy. "Look, I think this yellow duck is a gift from Mommy Lisa. Do you like it? I'm sure you're nervous like me too because you might get to meet Mommy later."

Jennie's phone suddenly rang, interrupting her thoughts. She placed the rubber duck on the couch and reached into her little bag to retrieve her phone, not noticing the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Are you Jennie? This is Rosé," came the unexpected voice. Jennie was taken aback, her heart racing with confusion and unease.

"Rosé?" she muttered, anxiety creeping into her voice.

Rosé told her they needed to meet, claiming she had something important to give and say to her. Jennie, decided to go. Sneaking out of the event's back entrance, she made her way to the designated spot where Rosé is, her mind swirling with apprehension.

Rosé stood alone in a nearby, quiet park. She stared into the distance, lost in thought. Jennie approached cautiously, her anxiety growing with each step. Rosé noticed her and turned around, masking her surprise at Jennie's beauty.

"Thank you for meeting me today. How are you?" Rosé asked casually. Jennie, feeling intimidated, remained silent.

Rosé hid the document behind her back and continued, "I heard you nearly miscarried the other day. I was shocked, so I made Lisa go back home to meet you last night. She did, didn't she?" she lied.

Jennie's eyes widened in realization. "So it was you who made Lisa come back," she said, disappointment tinging her voice as she forced a smile.

Rosé looked away, her expression a mix of guilt and determination.

"No wonder Lisa likes you. You're not only pretty but also kind." Jennie tried to process the situation, her emotions a whirlwind of confusion and hurt.

Rosé, replied bitterly. "But everything has changed. The baby in your tummy has changed everything. Lisa told me this morning that she's going to leave me."

Jennie's concern grew, but Rosé continued, her voice tinged with sadness, "She wants to return everything back to ground zero. I think we both know Lisa is a good woman. She'll never leave her responsibilities."

Jennie's eyes filled with sadness. "But you're the one whom Lisa likes."

"I know that. She never stopped loving me all these years." Rosé paused, then added, her voice barely above a whisper, "Although what happened on Lisa's birthday was a mistake, we both know it was due to desperation and the drugs in your drink."

Jennie looked down, silent, her heart is heavy.

"Just because you were there to comfort her, Lisa has to bear this responsibility. I thought we'd form our own family and have our own kids, but everything has changed now," Rosé said sadly.