chapter 38

"I know Derek, finding out my brother had secrets which clearly led to his death is frightening."

"It is Stiles and we can't pretend otherwise. We will be open and honest with each other ok."

"Okay. Now I believe you have a dinner to get ready for my darling husband."

"Yes I do."

He leaves her to her thoughts and makes his way upstairs to change. He decides on a navy double breasted suit which he wears with a white shirt and a navy pocket square. He checks himself out in the mirror,"You look the part sir," says his valet.

"Thank you."

Derek makes his way to the other house in London and sits in the back of his taxi. His phone rings and he smiles when he sees the name, "Jordan I'm running late. Why don't you meet me at the house."

Derek could hear street noises in the background, "That's fine I'm almost there sir. I'll see you in five minutes."

"Okay Lee."

Five minutes later to Derek's surprise he doesn't see a car pull up to the street. He calls Stiles, "Has he come to the house?" He ask.

"No he hasn't."

"Then where is he if he's not at either of our London home. where is he?"

Derek gets a call on his other line, "I'm sorry honey I have to go."

"Report," he barks.

"There's a Lee Jordan here to have dinner with you sir," says Danvers.

Omg they know where Jamie and his wife live thinks Derek. "Don't let him in the house," says Derek.

"You've insulted me sir."

"It's a life and death situation we are dealing with here so it is warranted. Ask Tamara to come to the door. I want to see if they know each other."

"Of course sir."

"We need to go to 18 Norton street in Soho right away." He tells the driver.

"Of course sir."

It takes the taxi thirty minutes to get to the address. Derek sees his men in different cars watching the apartment building. He walks out of the taxi and up the stairs to the building. He hears a car door being slammed shut. He turns around and smiles at Lee Jordan. "Your man wouldn't let me in without you being home."

"Why did you ask if we were meeting at the Surrey house if you knew we would be meeting in Soho?" Ask Derek.

"You and I both know this is the Surrey house and you just call it that to confuse people. I know this is the only one you have in London Derek because Jamie lived here."

"You're very informed about mine and my predecessor's lives Jordan."

"I'm a doctor it's my job to know about these things."

"You're a doctor yes but neither myself or my predecessors are your patient and if we were. You knowing where we live is going overboard. I mean administration staff exist for a reason."

The front door is open and Derek sees Danvers and a woman he assumes to be Tamara standing at the door. Derek watches Tamara's expression while Danvers watches Jordan's.

"You're that creep that tried to get me to go with you in the car a couple months ago." Tamara suddenly looks fearful. "How do you know my address?"

"You're not Stiles," says Jordan.

Derek looks bored, "You tried to kidnap her and you're telling me you don't know who she is Jordan?"

"Derek I'm not stupid she isn't Stiles. Which means I was right she is important to Jamie." As if momentarily forgetting where he was Lee Jordan whispers, "Why aren't you dead? I was told they killed you clearly they lied to me."

As if sensing the need to be quiet Tamara doesn't say anything. She walks out the door and punches Jordan as hard as she could in the face. Then calmly and quietly walk back inside the apartment.

"i guest dinner is off." Derek looks at him as if he was crazy.

"I don't know who that woman is Jordan but she clearly hates your guts. Who are you to demand a woman be killed just like that and expect your words to be carried out?"

"I'm a doctor Derek."

"I feel like you're something more Jordan someone very important."

"Let's walk and talk," Derek didn't miss the commanding tone in the way he gave his instructions.

They walk down the stairs together, "I'm just like you Derek a big boss."

"Of what?"

"You Derek ."

"You're not making sense Lee. Why don't I treat us to a coffee and you can tell me just how you're me. That's what you meant right you're a big boss just like me."

"You're smart yet spent ten years not being promoted."

Derek opens the car door for Lee Jordan and he foolishly gets inside the car first. A man stabs him with a syringe and he goes limp. Derek signals to the men in the car that bought Lee to the house to follow him.

The car pulls up to a farm in the Essex countryside and a garage door is open Which was attached to a outbuilding next door to the small farm. The cars drive inside the building and the door is shut.

Derek gets out the car and adjust his suit he watches as his men carries a still unconscious Lee into an elevator.