1. All of a sudden pt.1

"I think I have a cold."

Kyle's hand, which was decorating the white plate with arugula, stopped. Nick watched with his chin resting on his hand as the beautiful man in a neat navy-blue apron and a white shirt turned around in a hurry. His pale face clearly showed his surprise.

Even with the fever rising, he couldn't help but laugh at the sight. The man in front of him was Kyle Frost. He turned twenty-nine this year and was also Nick's longtime childhood friend. They were so close that they even lived together, from their university days to now, as working adults.

"Are you feeling really sick? Should I call Jennifer?"

"I'm okay for now. Let's just wait and see how I feel today."

Kyle's thin lips, tinged with a reddish hue, closed in dissatisfaction. It was probably because he wanted Nick to take a day off and go to the hospital. The worry in Kyle's clear blue eyes quickly faded. Kyle was perfect in every way, except for one problem. He treated his friend, Nick White, like fragile glass.

Kyle's worries were illogical in many ways. First of all, Nick was a tall, white male, standing at 185cm. He had been swimming since middle school and played rugby in high school. His muscles were toned, not overly developed, and his entire skeletal structure was well-proportioned. In many ways, he seemed like someone who would be able to protect somebody. Secondly, Nick was not usually sick. Rather, it could be said that Kyle was the weaker one. There was a lot to be said about this.

"What are your symptoms?"

Unable to easily let go of his worries, Kyle began to check Nick's condition. Nick's gaze fell on the delicate white hand that placed the plate of food on the table. The menu was Eggs Benedict, a poached egg on top of a well-toasted English muffin, with mustard and ground bacon sprinkled on top. It was also something Nick had been eating for breakfast for almost a decade. Kyle had made breakfast for Nick every single day since they started living together.

Everyone who learned of Kyle's unwavering friendship would ask in unison if they were really just friends. Well, not all friends in the world act like this, but they were friends anyway. There are many things that best friends can do.

"I think I have a little fever... That's why I feel dizzy. My throat doesn't hurt, and I don't cough."

"Anything else?"

"And......."

Nick closed his mouth. No matter how close they were, the last symptom was a bit too embarrassing to mention. I mean, he was weirdly horny ever since the morning.

I haven't had sex for a long time, ever since I broke up with my last partner. That was two months ago. It's been a long time, but it's not a amount of time that makes me anxious. But for some reason, my lower abdomen felt heavy since this morning. All sorts of unhealthy thoughts came to mind. However, this was not a symptom of a standard cold. That means I don't need to tell Kyle.

Nick, having sorted out his thoughts, picked up his fork and shook his head.

"Nothing in particular."

"Nick...... Don't hide it and tell me. Is that all?"

Kyle also picked up his fork, meeting Nick's eyes. Kyle, who had mixed the salad made for Nick with a fork, pushed it forward to Nick. Nick naturally pulled what Kyle had given him towards him.

Nick changed the subject, starting to eat the arugula salad with a slightly bitter taste. If left alone, Kyle would eventually make Nick take a day off and call his own doctor. It was an overwhelming result for Nick, who was more accustomed to going to the neighbourhood GP.