1. All of a sudden pt.5

An awkward silence followed. This was definitely the first time he'd been alone with Luther. I remember when I was younger, when Kyle introduced Luther to Nick, I think he happily said: 'Looks like you've got a friend. .......

Kyle called Luther when he cut his hand, he called him when he dislocated his shoulder, he called him for every little thing, and at one point Nick felt so indebted to him that he avoids situations where the three of them are together in the same room. The last time they'd seen each other was a year ago, so it had been a while.

"...... How are you, Mr Milan?"

"Yes, not bad."

Luther replied in a friendly voice, straightening his back to face Nick. Nick wiped his forehead at his uncharacteristically serious demeanour. Slowly, as he regained his senses, things began to fall into place. I must have blacked out, he thought, remembering how he had been staggered by a wave of dizziness upon arriving home.

When I opened my eyes I saw a middle-aged man with a friendly face, and the fact that I couldn't remember what happened in between explained that I blacked out for a while. It's the second time I've been in this situation, the first being in high school when I was tackled in a rugby match and knocked out with a mild concussion. A pang of embarrassment washed over me.

"The reason I asked him to leave is simple. I just thought it was something Mr White should hear and think about on his own."

Luther tipped his rimless glasses to the back of his hand. A shiver of foreboding ran down his spine. Nick's brow furrowed, but he soon made a light-hearted joke.

"You make it sound like I've got some sort of fatal disease."

"Oh, I'm afraid not."

Luther laughed, reading the disbelief in Nick's eyes.

"It's no big deal, really."

"Good."

Nick sighed in relief. Luther nodded in agreement.

"That's right, apart from the fact that Mr White will be living the life of an Omega from now on, he's in excellent health."

"Isn't that, right? It's no big deal, Kyle..."

Hmm? Nick's jaw dropped; something wasn't right. Nick raised his eyebrows slowly, like a man who had witnessed something he shouldn't have. His beautiful eyes gradually narrowed. There was something that struck me late., like the time he'd seen an older man with a sagging chest doing a striptease on the Lion of Trafalgar in the middle of summer.

"I'm glad you took it better than I thought you would."

"What?"

Something was really weird now, wasn't it? I think I heard the word omega...? Nick rubbed his ears and took a deep breath.

"Wait, wait, wait."

Luther stared at Nick. I really think I misunderstood you. I heard the word Omega, but what does that have to do with me? His mind was spinning. As if rewinding the scene, he replayed the conversation from seconds before. The word slowly came out of Nick's mouth.

"Omega?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Mr White."

"Which White?"

As far as I can tell, I'm the only White here, Nick asked with a hint of amusement. Luther's face flushed with embarrassment.

"You didn't take that ...... very lightly."

"You're not trying to tell me I'm an Omega, are you?"

"Well, I knew you'd find it hard to believe, because it's so rare."