|Chapter 4.2| The Naga In The Serenity Pool

To awaken the power within, recite these words under the light of the full moon, standing in the Pool of Serenity:

"By the grace of the Goddess of Death, I call upon the essence within.
With the moon as my witness and the stars as my guide,
I awaken the power of dominion, to rule and to command.
From this night forth, let my soul be imbued with the strength of my ancestors.
So shall it be, by the will of the Queens who came before me."

Hadassah felt a shiver run down her spine as she read the incantation. She looked up at the pool, its surface reflecting the brilliant moonlight, that must be it right? She let the scroll drop back to the podium as she stripped, folding her clothes neatly along with the pair of bunny ears on her head. Taking a deep breath, she approached the pool.

Slowly, she stepped into the water, letting the cool liquid envelop her. As she stood in the pool, bathed in the soft glow of the moon, she closed her eyes and began to recite the incantation, her voice steady and filled with resolve.

"By the grace of the Goddess of Death, I call upon the essence within.
With the moon as my witness and the stars as my guide,
I awaken the power of dominion, to rule and to command.
From this night forth, let my soul be imbued with the strength of my ancestors.
So shall it be, by the will of the queens who came before me."

As she finished the incantation, a gentle breeze stirred the air, and the water around her seemed to shimmer with a faint, ethereal light. Hadassah felt a warmth spread through her body, a sensation like liquid fire coursing through her veins. The warmth intensified, filling her with a sense of power and purpose. She let herself wade deeper into the pool until her brown hair dipped into the water. Each step deeper sent a chill into her core, a stark contrast to the fiery warmth within.

The pool seemed to come alive around her, the water swirling gently as if responding to her presence. She walked until the water reached her chin, and taking a deep breath, she submerged herself completely. The world above vanished, replaced by the serene, muffled sounds of the underwater realm. The cool water embraced her, amplifying the sensation of the awakening power within her.

As she floated in the depths of the pool, her senses heightened. She could feel the pulse of the water, the rhythm of the earth beneath her, and the whisper of the moonlight above.

Her heart raced as the power surged within her, her body tingling with newfound energy. The connection to the Goddess of Death, the legacy of dominion, it all became a part of her. She was no longer just Hadassah; she was a vessel of ancient power, a link in the chain of formidable rulers.

Suddenly, a sharp sensation broke through her reverie. A feeling of slithering around her right leg jolted her back to reality. Her eyes snapped open, and she instinctively kicked, trying to free herself from whatever had latched onto her. The serene underwater world was now filled with urgency and fear.

She burst through the surface, gasping for air, her heart pounding in her chest as she swam to the edge of the pool. As she calmed down enough to look around her she noticed a pair of beautiful gold eyes staring into her. His arms straddling her body as he was dangerously close to her.

A naga.  

Hadassah's breath hitched as she took in the sight of the creature before her. His upper body was humanoid, with sleek, scaled skin that shimmered in the moonlight, but below the waist, his form merged into a powerful, serpentine tail coiled around the edge of the pool and around her leg up to her thighs. The naga's eyes were mesmerising, deep golden orbs that seemed to see right through her.

It didn't talk, and neither did she. She took a breath as she tried to calm herself down.

"What do you want?" she finally asked, unsure of what else to say. Neveah had said ferals were harmless, but right now she was very scared she would die.