Chapter 16

Divya looked at the man who was chatting with one of the maidens. She had no idea the company had a separate base for the old women who were keen on stitching. This was definitely not what she had expected when Abhiraj told her she will be accompanying him to the factory. Divya could see the warmth and love in the eyes of those ladies for Abhiraj.

A wave of remorse washed over her as she recalled the way she had spoken to him the previous day. She was so blinded by her anger at his sister that she had talked rudely to him. Yes, it was wrong of him to grab her wrist without her permission but it was only because he was concerned and she should have handled it in a matured way.

Divya took a deep breath, pushing aside the lingering guilt that threatened to overwhelm her. The scent of fabric and the soft hum of sewing machines filled the air, creating a strangely comforting atmosphere. Gathering her courage, Divya walked over to Abhiraj.

"I didn't expect to see this side of the factory," she replied, glancing around. "It's... beautiful."

Abhiraj nodded, his eyes following hers. "These women are the heart of our operations. They've dedicated their lives to this craft, and we owe them a lot."

"I can see that," Divya said softly. "What made you approach them?"

A serene smile appeared in his face. "I went with Bhai in one of his old age home surveys. There I encountered with some women weaving dresses. I was enchanted with the designs they were making and their skills. I spoke to them, learned about their stories, their struggles. Many of them felt isolated, their talents unappreciated. I knew we could offer them a place where their skills could be valued, where they could find a sense of purpose and community again."

Divya's heart softened at his words. The man before her was not just a businessman but someone who genuinely cared about people. It seemed as if her fondness for him was increasing.

"That's really commendable," she said, her voice sincere. "Creating a space like this must have taken a lot of effort."

"It did," Abhiraj admitted, "but seeing their happiness and the beautiful work they produce makes it all worth it."

Divya nodded, absorbing his words. "I can see why they respect you so much," she said, her tone softening. "You've given them more than just a job. You've given them dignity and purpose."

Abhiraj looked at her, a hint of surprise mingling with gratitude in his eyes. "Thank you, Divya. That means a lot coming from you."

She felt her cheeks warm at his words, and a small smile tugged at her lips. "I owe you an apology, Abhiraj. For yesterday. I was out of line."

He raised an eyebrow, a teasing glint in his eye. "You? Out of line? I find that hard to believe."

Divya chuckled softly, feeling a bit more at ease. "Yes, even I have my moments," she admitted. "But seriously, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me."

Abhiraj's expression softened, and he shook his head. "Divya, it's fine. Whatever you did was good. I should not have touched you without your permission. It was wrong on my part. However, I am happy to know that you know how to handle if someone misbehaves with you."

Divya laughed. "Oh, you do not need to worry about that. I am good in kicking people's asses."

Abhiraj chuckled, the tension between them dissolving. "I'll keep that in mind," he said with a playful wink.

Divya nodded with a hint of red tint on her cheeks. "So, what's next on our tour?"

"Well, I was notified earlier that we need to get some new fabrics. So, how about a fabric shopping?" Abhiraj titled his head waiting for her answer.