Chapter 25

Divya

"Why are you back? Did something happen?" I asked, my voice betraying my concern as I stood in the doorway. Abhiraj was at my door again, and I couldn't help but feel a knot forming in my stomach. Atharva had returned yesterday, and only half an hour ago, he and Aisha had rushed off to Delhi after her mother called. So, what was Abhiraj doing here now?

"Why can't I come?" he replied, leaning casually against the door frame, a faint smirk on his face.

"No. Don't you know it's not good to enter a house of a single lady." I answered him playfully.

Abhiraj chuckled, a sound that was both easygoing and slightly irritating. "Oh, is that so? I didn't realize you had such strict rules." He took a step closer, his gaze not quite meeting mine but lingering somewhere in the middle distance.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Not trying to sound rude but why are you here?"

"Because I am too lazy to go back to palace." He grinned and plopped on my sofa.

"Seriously, Abhiraj?" I glared at him. This man almost gave me a heart attack.

"Can you bring something for me to eat? I am hungry." He said turning on the T.V

I gaped at him. The audacity of this man. I went towards him and snatched the remote from his hand.

"Tumhara mahal nahi hai ye jo workers se khana mangwa rahe ho. Khud jake banao kuch khana hai toh. (It's not your palace that you will ask workers for food. Go and make yourself.)" I tried pushing him of the sofa. Keyword; tried. Because this person's body is full of muscles that I am unable to even budge him.

"Divya, please. Bhook lagi hai bohot. (I am very hungry.)" He gave me puppy eyes.

"Toh? Khake aana tha na, (So? Should have eaten something before coming here.)" I shrugged browsing through the series in Netflix.

"Jahil aurat! (Cruel woman)" He muttered under his breath and walked towards the kitchen.

Giggling at his sulking figure, I shortly followed him.

In the kitchen, Abhiraj was already rummaging through the pantry. His impatience was evident as he muttered to himself, looking for something edible. I leaned against the doorway, arms crossed, trying to hide my amusement.

"What exactly are you looking for?" I asked, trying to sound authoritative but failing to keep the smile off my face.

"Something that doesn't require too much effort," Abhiraj replied, examining a jar of pickles with a scrutinizing look. "A snack, maybe?"

"Fine. How about I make you a sandwich? It's quick and simple." I walked over to the counter and began pulling out ingredients from the fridge.

Abhiraj's face lit up with relief. "That sounds perfect. Thanks."

"Don't mention it." I flicked my hand at him. "I am not that cruel to keep my guest empty stomach."

"How generous of you." He mocked.

I rolled my eyes at Abhiraj's sarcastic tone but couldn't suppress a smile. "Jyada matt udo warna I am not making. (Don't fly high)"

"Kya matt jyada matt udo? Main toh zameen mein hi hu, Divya. (What do you mean by don't fly high? I am still on ground.)" He gave me an innocent look.

"Was that suppose to be funny?"

Abhiraj's innocent look only deepened his smirk. "I thought it was," he said with a playful glint in his eyes.