Chapter 27

Divya

I gulped looking at his blank face and cold eyes. So, this was the ruthless Abhiraj they all talked about after I rejoined the office? No wonder everyone was afraid of him. The way he was gazing at me; I would not be surprised if he turned into a monster and gulped me in one go.

"Divya." His voice was cold and rough. "I am waiting."

I blinked rapidly at him. Should I tell him? I mean his brother knew it so it won't do any harm if I told him right?

Are you sure? Because his brother was literally involved because he is head over heels for Aisha. My annoying subconscious mind decided to butt in.

So? I like Abhiraj and I know he likes me too. I argued with it back.

And he can unlike you too. It rebuked me.

Instagram thodi hai Jo like unlike khelenge. (It's not Instagram that he will play like unlike) I retorted back. My subconscious mind is very annoying.

"Divya." I felt a nudge on my shoulder and looked at the angry young man in front of me. "Stop talking to yourself and start speaking."

I bit my lips in nervousness. Mr. Rathore had gone MIA after learning about the truth. What of Abhiraj did the same?

"Divya Mahima Ja-

"Batati hu batati hu. (I am telling. I am telling.)" I cut his off as he started taking my full government name.

Glaring at him, I recounted him the entire truth from Kriya' death to the drugging of Aisha.

"Are you guys high on something or what? Why are you trying to take law in your hands? Let the police do their job." He looked at me incredulously.

"Police like that guy Yadav? Or those who took Kriya to that good for nothing hospital?" I snapped at him.

"Police like your mother, Divya." He said softly and took my hands in his.

I looked away from him not knowing what to say.

"Look at me." He grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. Honey brown eyes, that take away my breath every time I look at them.

"Don't involve yourself directly like you did today, okay? And be careful because whoever it is, that person seems master."

I blinked few times. This was totally opposite of what I was expecting. I thought he would be mad and start yelling at me.

"You...," I cleared my throat. "You are not angry?"

"At you?" He gave his breathtaking smile and pulled me by my waist making my breath hitch. "No. At those bastards whoever they are? A lot."

I could not take my eyes away from him. "You are sweet." I mumbled.

"Oh yeah? How can you say that without tasting me?" He smirked.

I raised my eyebrows at him. " I don't need to taste you to know that you are sweet."

"I wish I could say the same but I can't come to conclusion without tasting you." He winked at me. My heart fluttered at his action and I felt my cheeks heating up at his words

"Aww, look at you. Turning into a cute tomato." He teased and I slapped his chest lightly.

"Go away." I walked towards the sofa.

"Aese na jao chhod kar (Don't go away like this.)" He sang putting his hand on his heart as if its broken.

I giggled at his dramatics. "The lyrics is wrong."

"It is correct according to the situation." Saying that he walked towards me and sat beside me with his hand behind me on sofa.

"You should have joined the film industry." I told him.

"Hmmm." He nodded his head as if he was thinking something. "But how would I have met you had I joined film industry? I think it's good I didn't. Else I would have missed seeing a literal angel."

I raised my eyes at him. "I am honored to know you consider me an angel, your highness."

He frowned. "Who said you are an angel? I am talking about Aisha bhabhi. She is an angel not you. You are a devil."

I gaped at him. "How dare you?" I pointed my finger to the door and glared at him. "Out. Get. Out. Right. Now."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "See. A demon."

I picked up the cushion and hit him right on his face.

"You are proving my words true." Saying that he threw the cushion back at me.

"Divya." He held me quickly as I was about to fall from the sofa due to the force he used.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? I am sorry." He started fussing over me. This guy better be in love with me because I am falling for him day by day.

"Divya?" I was shaken out of my thoughts. Abhiraj's eyes held worry and concern for me and that made me feel fuzzy inside.

He run his fingers on his hair. "You are in shock. Fuck! I didn't –

"Shhh" I put my finger in his lips. " I am fine and not in shock. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?" He looked into my eyes and I nodded at him.

"Yup. Now, stop fussing and be quiet. We are gonna watch a movie."

"As you say, my lady." He mock bowed his head and I shook my head at his dramatics.

I looked through the movie list so that we could watch but I did find anything interesting for me.

"Pass me the remote." He flicked his fingers and I passed him the remote.

"Seriously? Tees Maar Khan?" I looked at him in amusement.

"Yes. Now, enjoy it." He said and pulled me closer by my shoulder. I looked at him but his eyes were still on the TV. With a small smile, I leaned on his side and tried to focus on the movie but my mind was continuously going back to the man who had his hand on around me.

Did I give the double update? Yes. Did I mess with the algorithm? Yes. Do I care? No (waise bhi people are not voting the story toh kya farq padhta hai right?)