Chapter 9: The Price of Loyalty

I woke up late, a rare occurrence for me. I stretched lazily, feeling the remnants of sleep clinging to my body. My room was bathed in the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. With a sigh, I got up and headed to the bathroom, splashing cold water on my face to wake myself up fully.

After dressing meticulously in a sharp black suit that fit me perfectly, I headed towards riddhi's room (My bedroom). I expected to find Riddhi still asleep, but to my surprise, she wasn't there. Panic surged through me, and I hurriedly checked the balcony and the adjoining rooms. She was nowhere to be found.

My heart pounded as I grabbed my phone and called the security guard. "Did you let Riddhi go out of the mansion?" I demanded, my voice edged with anxiety.

"No, sir. Mrs. Pandey hasn't left the premises," the guard replied.

Relief washed over me, but it was quickly replaced by concern. I rushed downstairs, shouting at the staff, "Has anyone seen Riddhi?"

One of the maids timidly stepped forward. "Sir, Mrs. Pandey woke up early. She said she wanted to make lunch today."

My heart rate began to normalize. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts. I walked slowly towards the kitchen, my curiosity piqued.

As I approached, I saw her through the doorway. She was wearing a purple saree, the pallu tucked into her waist, revealing her perfect curves. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, and she was busy preparing something.

My heart skipped a beat. She looked so beautiful, so serene. I couldn't help but stare at her, mesmerized by the sight. Her beauty was captivating, igniting a fire inside me. I felt myself growing aroused beneath my pants, unable to hide the undeniable reaction she sparked in me.

I stepped closer, unable to resist. "Kya bana rahi ho aap?" I asked softly, my voice thick with desire.

(What are you preparing?)

Riddhi jumped slightly, startled. "Aap kya kar rahe ho? Main dar gayi," she said, turning towards me.

(What are you doing? I got scared.)

I smiled, closing the distance between us. "Aapke chehre par safed kuch laga tha," I said softly, brushing a bit of flour off her cheek.

(There was something white on your face)

Riddhi blushed, her cheeks turning a lovely shade of pink. "Mujhe nashta tayar karna hai, aap thoda hatiye," she said, trying to focus on her cooking.

(I have to prepare breakfast, please give me a side.)

I stepped back but couldn't take my eyes off her. "Aap kya bana rahi hai?" I asked, genuinely curious.

(What are you preparing?)

"Thalipeeth," she replied, concentrating on her task.

"What's that?" I asked, unfamiliar with the dish.

"It's a Maharashtrian dish, you'll love it," she replied with a smile.

I chuckled softly and did as she asked, waiting impatiently in the dining room. My mind was filled with thoughts of her, the way she looked in that saree, her presence filling the room with warmth and anticipation.

When she finally served the meal, my heart raced with excitement. The spread looked delicious, and as I took a bite of the thalipeeth, the flavors burst in my mouth. It was spicy, just how Maharashtrians like it, and utterly delicious.

"Tikha hai," I said, my eyes watering slightly from the spice.

(It's spicy.)

Riddhi laughed softly, a musical sound that warmed my heart. "Maharashtrians do enjoy spicy food. How is it?"