(V7) Chapter 2.3

I left the reception office. As I stepped out, I saw Chabashira-sensei some distance away. She'd clearly been waiting for our conversation to end. I gave her a slight bow and tried to walk past, but she walked alongside me, matching my stride.

"How did your meeting with your father go?" She asked.

"It's pointless to probe me so clumsily. I understand everything," I told her.

"Understand what exactly?"

"Almost everything you've told me has been a lie, Chabashira-sensei."

"What are you talking about?" She wasn't looking me in the eye.

"You're trying to hide how shaken you are, but it's obvious just from looking at you," I told her.

The fact she wasn't looking me in the eye. Her choice of words. She was trying to conceal her emotions from any outside observer to the best of her ability, but even so, she couldn't hide her unrest completely.

"That man never contacted you. And he didn't push you to expel me, either."

"Umm...no. Your father wanted my cooperation. I've been trying to get you expelled because of him."

It was certainly true that my father was pushing for me to drop out. However, judging from his behavior, and that this was the first time he set foot on school grounds, I was fairly sure he'd never been in contact with a teacher. I didn't have any solid proof, though.

"Look, stop lying to me. Chairman Sakayanagi told me everything. He informed you about me the minute the school admitted me."

"The chairman told you?"

In that moment, Chabashira-sensei understood her mistake. "Ayanokouji, did you trick me?"

"Yes. The chairman said nothing about you, Chabashira-sensei. But your involvement in this matter has become clear. He also told me about Shinjiro too. It seems like you lied, huh?"

The second Chairman Sakayanagi said he was aware that I deliberately scored fifty points on all my tests, I was known for sure

"Allow me to explain," I continued. "First, I wanted to come to this school. Chairman Sakayanagi knew of me, and acted independently to confirm my enrollment, as well as my assignment to Class D. He put me in Class D because you, Chabashira-sensei, have shown no real drive to rise through the class ranks. At least on the surface. Every other teacher desperately wants to have their class promoted."

I'd attract attention in a high-performing class. Chairman Sakayanagi had wanted to put me somewhere I could lay low.

"But Chairman Sakayanagi made one mistake. You, a teacher who shows no affection for her class and appears apathetic, secretly desire to reach Class A more than anyone else."