Whats going on!? Chapter 1

"What is going on

"What is going on...?"

I touched my face, my fear slowly growing.

I should probably explain myself. My name is, was Laila Ross, and I woke up in the body of a character from a show called Miraculous Ladybug. It's a show that was made for kids and teens, but unfortunately I am considered a young adult as I am sixteen.

But that's not important right now! I have woken up as a Miraculous Ladybug character! And the character is Lila Rossi.

I haven't seen all the seasons, and if I am honest, I only barely remember them from the clips I've glimpsed on YouTube, Netflix, and Twitter. From the leaked spoilers, I feel like I know pretty much all I needed to know about the shows and the concepts, but, then again, it's been a long time since I've sat down and watched a full episode.

I looked in the mirror at my new body. The tanned skin and hip-length auburn hair. I tried pulling at my hair, nervous, and to my relief, it didn't come off.

"The shit they were pulling out of their ass during Season 5," I mumbled to myself. The writers for the show were dismal, but I wasn't disappointed. I just knew I should've put my faith into the writers who actually planned the story out, especially that one writer...

My new straight fringe stayed intact despite my second round of tugging. Thank God. I shook my head and dragged my attention away from the mirror, gazing around my new room. Outside the window, I could see blue sky and the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

"Lila, are you awake? You don't want to miss your first day of school!" a female voice suddenly bellowed outside the door.

First day? Ah – so this was Lila's debut episode! The one called Volpina? Yes, Volpina!

"Lila?" The door suddenly opened and a woman with brown eyes and short-cropped hair poked her head in. "You're up already! Why didn't you say anything? I'm going to work now, have a good first day and try to make some friends. I may not be home tonight, so I left the card on the table for you to order dinner. Bye bye, Lila! Be good."

The woman left without waiting for my response, leaving me gaping at the door. I recognised her, Mrs. Rossi, Lila's mother, and this was how she treated her daughter?

She was so flippant and dismissive. Anger built up inside me, but I took a deep breath and forced myself to calm down. I don't need to be Akumatized...yet.

I went over to the massive double-door closet and pulled it open, scanning down the shelves and racks. Lila has an ample selection of clothes. It took me a few minutes of pondering to finally decide on an outfit that both Lila and I would like to wear. An orange dress paired with a white belt and a thin black jacket. There was also a comfortable and trendy pair of white sneakers with puffy tongues. I tugged on a pair of black leggings for socks and sat down at the vanity to style my hair.

I want it to look cute. Lila's hairstyle in the show wasn't the best as I always thought the ties around the bangs made it look like sausage links. Instead, I want to appear casual, yet glamorous. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, and used a hot curler to curl the edges and my fringe. Now, my hair cascaded down my back in waves and my fringe artistically framed my face.