Chapter 14 end of count down 1

1

1...

"Ah, and who must you be?" Zehar sing-songed. Her eyes moved around Killer Bee, eyeing him carefully. "How odd that you don't run from me... No matter, your death will happen soon enough."

"Zehar, I don't want to fight you!" Killer Bee said. "Lukovich told me everything!"

Zehar's nonexistent eyes went wide. "Lukovich...I see now, he's still trying to help me after I keep rejecting him?" Zehar's shock soon turned into crazed laughter. She held up one of her many hands. "Maybe he should've tried a bit harder."

Zehar snapped her fingers and the ground below started to shake. The Parisian streets crack and split like something was trying to break out from beneath. Killer Bee quickly flew into the air as he saw a pair of black hands reaching through the cobblestone.

Scarabella was knocked down by her best friend when the ground below her began to quiver.

Shadow Moth smiled darkly. "They're waking up... It's best not to be so close to the ground, Alya."

Scarabella gazed in horror as a black hand shot out of the ground. Quick as lightning, the disc of her yo-yo hooked around a steeple that pulled her to safety.

"What the hell!?"

She wasn't quick enough. One of the monsters was airborne and caught it by the leg. It dragged her momentum back, then swung into the wall of a nearby building.

Scarabella crashed and landed back on the floor, coughing up blood.

Shadow Moth landed in front of her. "It's best not to fight it, Alya," she said, her shadow draping over Scarabella.

Scarabella was terrified, yet determined. "This isn't you, Marinette!" she says, getting onto her feet. "I don't know what's going on, but I'm free you from this enthralment!" She spun her yo-yo in one hand, ready to attack.

Shadow Moth looked at her before laughing. "You poor fool. Killer her."

The butterfly-like monsters around them screeched in obedience.

Kagami sat in the room with Lila, watching her worriedly. Kagami couldn't hear the chaos very well, but from the account of the refugees that poured into the library, the situation was dire. But not matter how much of Paris was destroyed around them, the library building alone remain untouched.

Puzzlement over this mystery soon transformed into gratefulness, there was no point pondering over a miracle.

Personally, Kagami knew it must be Lila's doing – who else would it be? It wasn't that Scarabella girl, and – Lila hadn't moved once since she gained ehr wings and halo. Was Lila a guardian angel?

The knob of the room's door twisted and Kagami snapped to action.

"You can't be in here!" she yelled.