TWENTY SIX.

Noelle.

"Jeremiah" I whispered softly, kneeling in front of his air mattress he was asleep on

"Jeremiah" I whispered softly, kneeling in front of his air mattress he was asleep on. We thought taking Leilani to sky zone would ware her out but apparently it wore Jeremiah out more. He fell asleep when we made it home at around 8:45, Lani took pictures of him sleeping with his mouth open, his body twisted up every which way.

He talked about Lani kicking him in the face in her sleep, it looks to me like she got that wild sleeping shit from him. I glanced over at Leilani who was asleep, her hand over her forehead, mouth wide open just like her dad as I giggled at the sight before taking a picture of the sleeping twins.

"Jeremiah!" I whisper yelled. He didn't budge, I stared at him, his mouth still agape, his pearly whites slightly visible. I clasped his nostrils together with my pointer finger and thumb and he stirred before snoring himself awake. I covered my mouth, stifling a laugh before I poked his lip, making his eyes flash open. My hand flew to my mouth again as I chuckled and he rolled his eyes, tucking his arms around his pillow, now laying on his stomach, "Gone on, Noelle" he grumbled.

I placed a hand on his back, remembering that he's like Leilani from what he told me, and doesn't like waking up before a certain time. It was 7AM right now but it was Leilani's birthday. I wanted to run to the store to get decorations so that we can decorate the living room and kitchen for her. I planned on cooking breakfast and everything and I was gonna need his help. I wanted him to be on FaceTime to help me pick out some decorations for her.

I gently rubbed Jeremiah's back to soothe him as I woke him up like I do Lani, it helps a little, she be a little less mad than normal. "Jeremiah" I whispered in a sing song tone. "It's your daughter's birthday, you have to wake up" I added, patting his back gently now, then running my short French tip acrylics across the back of his head. He chuckled softly at the sensation before opening his eyes to finally look at me.

I smiled wide at him, still squatting on the floor in front of his air mattress, my hand still caressing him gently, "Wake up" I spoke softly, getting a grin from him as I smiled back and he gently mushed my face away from him, making me fall to the floor gently. He got up off the bed and stretched out his body, his shirt sticking to his stomach as he stretched. I stayed on the floor, staring up at him involuntarily. It took less than a few seconds for him to clock me staring at him before he looked down at me and chuckled, "You been in my face since I got here, you want a kiss or some?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, standing up off the floor, his attempt to help me up at the last second irritating me since he was the reason I was on the floor, "Let me brush my teeth first then we'll talk about a kiss" I spoke, pushing past him to leave the room, making sure to shoulder check him on the way out just to be annoying like he was being.

———————————

My phone connected to my airpods as I facetimed Jeremiah, my hair left in its natural state, just a fro that had been shook and picked out at the roots. I stared over my phone at a pink number 5 balloon that I wanted to decorate the house and Lani's room for her birthday.