CHAPTER 11

MAEVE ROGERS
I poked my head through the door looking at James's back, the guy who apparently, was supposed to guard my door, "what do you need, Maeve?".

"I finished my book, I want to go get a new one", he turned to look at me, smiling innocently at him, "you'll have to face them eventually".

"Eventually, but not now", he sighed, letting me through, "but do it quick, get a book and come back", I rolled my eyes, running upstairs, hoping none of them would catch me.

As I got closer to the library, I heard their voices behind the closed door, "fuck", I muttered to myself, tiptoeing back downstairs, "we heard you running here, love", I mentally cursed myself, turning towards Gio.

"Well, imagine you didn't", I turned back around, starting to walk back downstairs, "heard you and James started to get along", I groaned, throwing my head back, annoyed as fuck, "he's cool", I shrugged, begging for him to finally leave me alone.

"You can come take whatever book you want, and go back to your room", I turned to look at him again, seeing he is leaned against the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest, making his shirt tighter around his muscles, a few buttons open, showing some of the tattoos on his chest.

"I can come back later, don't worry", he gave me a look that said, 'I won't leave you alone until you walk inside the library', I sighed, walking past him inside the library, brushing my shoulder with his.

I'll just take a book, and leave.

As I walked inside, I felt five pair of eyes looking at me, gulping, walking towards the computer to search for the book I want.

"che succede con suo padre", (what's up with her father), I heard Romeo saying, rolling my eyes, if I only understood Italian, "Emilio lo ha preso in custodia, probabilmente sapeva che lo stavamo cercando", (Emilio took him into custody, probably knew we were looking for him), Emilio.

I forgot he was looking for me.

I hope he's close to finding me.

"anche la moglie e il bambina?", (also the wife and the child?), Gio nodded, running his fingers through his hair.

The room suddenly become quiet, starting to fasten my actions, looking for the book I've wanted, quietly walking to where it was supposed to be, feeling a presence behind me, grabbing the book I wanted.

"I missed you, Maevey", Romeo whispered in my ear, the book still in his hand, clearing my throat to maybe make him move away, "I want to go back to the room, please".

He moved after a little while, all of them watching me as I started to leave the library, deciding I don't want to go back to the room I'm at, roaming around the mansion to look for some quiet place.

Or maybe I could try to escape.

I hummed, walking down to the living room, knowing there's a spare room there, making sure no one noticed as I walked in quietly, locking the door behind me.

Placing my book on the bed, opening the window, slowly getting out, the cold air brushing my skin, I'm out.

I knew there were a lot of guards surrounding the house, trying to be as quiet as I can, hiding behind the bushes they had in the garden.

Seeing the gate after a couple minutes of walking around, trying to avoid all use guards, breathing heavily, shit I'm out.

I can't believe I'm out.

"Where do you think you're going", I flinched, turning around, seeing James, chuckling a little, "a walk?", he rolled his eyes, walking towards me, "you're so fucking lucky they didn't see you", he grabbed my arm, dragging me inside.