time heals.

omniscient pov:

the two had been playing basketball for at least thirty minutes before moving on to something else in which that was a bake off.

ray helped fantasia apply her apron, and she put hers on seconds later.

"ready?" ray asked.

"im ready."

ten minutes into the bakeoff fantasia noticed something was missing. meanwhile, ray was dying laughing on the inside, knowing she had taken fantasias eggs.

"ray..." fantasia stood with her arms folded.

"yeah, short stuff?"

"look at me."

she started laughing as soon as she turned holding out the eggs.

"i knew you took them."

"you aint know."

after the ingredients were mixed in a bowl, they were now being applied to the non-stick cupcake pans and soon placed into the oven.

while the two awaited the cupcakes, they cleaned up their mess and made small talk.

"yo friends probably blowing you up right now."

"my phone is always nearby. i wouldn't miss a call or text."

"hm. no boyfriend, side piece?"

"neither."

"you never been in a relationship?"

"i have."

"how did that turn out?"

"well, one was quite abusive, and the other was.. well, its complicated right now."

"you still love them?"

"always will."

"then it shouldn't be complicated unless that love you had for them is no longer there."

"its still there, and it will always be there because outside of the drama, she actually showed me how it felt to be genuinely loved and valued. ill never take that away from her, ever."

"so where did it go wrong?"

"i dont wanna talk about it."

"i respect that. alright, now before these bad boys come out of the oven, we gotta choose our frosting and decorations."

"i want buttercream frosting and green food coloring."

"ima just take the chocolate."

3:34

the girls were now done with the cupcakes. both of them applied blindfolds before they took a look at eachothers work.

"3....2....1 remove."

ray's laugh filled the entire kitchen.

"you're the one to laugh when you have a pile of poop sitting there with eyes."

"and you got fiona sitting there with eyes."

"it was supposed to be shrek, thank you."

"ima take a picture, and then we can try em."

fantasia's phone dinged while ray took pictures. she washed her hands before running to check it. she thought it was a friend, but to her surprise, it wasn't causing her to furrow her eyebrows.

unknown number: if you want that kid to wake up to her mama, you'll leave that crib.

i rolled my eyes and closed my phone, going back to the island.