Chapter 108: The Protagonist is Dead

To be honest, I can go to school today, but I have a lot going on that I might pass out

So I decided to be absent for the second time. The dream with Bakgu and Jichang reminded me of my travelogue, and I'm grateful for that.

I literally forgot about it man! Now I have the chance to wrap it up then submit it tomorrow.

"How are you, master?" Claude, who's currently helping me, asked a question out of the blue.

Looking up to him who sat in front of me on the bed, I glanced down to the pictures I'm pasting on the paper. "Good and still thriving, I guess."

I'm sure the copy cloud is trying to understand more about humans. Even if they are sentient and almost similar to us, they still lack one certain factor.

Understanding emotions.

Claude knows what it means to be happy, excited, mad, stressed, frustrated, or disappointed. But sadness? Despair? Mourning? The gnawing pain, the heavy feeling in my chest, the guilt and regret?

It's better if he never learns what it feels like. It's better if he remains clueless who only knows peace and joy.

Grabbing another picture, I stilled for a moment. It's a picture of me together with the Kwak brothers and Bakgu Noh, all smiling happily.

I remember taking a lot of pictures with them not only for this travelogue, but for memories too.

Now they will really live on, not only in memories. The dead are immortalized even in pictures. I actually made the right choice of taking lots of it while visiting different places at Chungcheong.

The thought of them made me smile bitterly as I set it aside. It's too precious of an image to become just a part of a school activity.

"I'm sorry, master."

"Hm?" I blinked my eyes in confusion, before glancing back to the blonde who looks confused and unsure of something. "What's wrong, Claude? Why are you apologizing?"

He hesitantly looked up to me, fidgeting with his fingers. "I still don't understand what ails you. Even if you say you are fine, I just know you are not."

Silence passed, and it continued to envelope the entire room. My lips parted halfway to speak, but soon closed them shut since I don't know what exactly to say.

Do I explain what I feel and why that made me feel in pain? Do I need to burden the copy cloud with my own dilemmas?

I shook my head with a small smile, grabbing into another picture to paste on the paper. "You don't have to understand. It's best if you forget about it."

Yes, forget. The same thing they told me. I'm such a hypocrite to suggest that when I can't even apply it to myself.

At this point, regret and vengeance will drown me. I don't want to become a person worse than Charles Choi.