Welcome Home Part Two

The next day was the day of the cookout

The next day was the day of the cookout., and it started early, with Gemma waking me up before the sun had fully risen. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." she said, her voice soft but insistent. "Time to get the day started. Jax and the guys are already outside setting up."

I groaned, burying my face in the pillow. "Why so early? We can't wait until at least ten?"

"Not if we want everything ready for the cookout. C'mon! I still have to run to the grocery store." she replied, snatching the covers off me.

I reluctantly got up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Alright! alright! I'm up!"

Gemma smiled. "That's my girl. Now get dressed. You don't want to miss out on all the fun."

After a quick shower, I slipped into my outfit for the day. A polka dot bikini with unbuttoned denim shorts. It was perfect for the hot weather and the activities we had planned. I texted Renae, inviting her over, and telling her that we would be swimming, so wear a swimsuit. As I made my way outside, the backyard was already buzzing with activity.

We spent the morning setting up tables, chairs, and decorations in the backyard. Gemma was inside seasoning and preparing the food for Bobby to throw on the grill. Meanwhile, Bobby was outside setting up the grill, cleaning it, and filling it with charcoal.

Jax was in his element, helping set up, and directing everyone with a calm authority that made everything run smoothly. I couldn't help but notice he had his shirt off, and as the sun started to rise, his lightly tanned skin glistened with a slight sheen of sweat as he moved around, effortlessly lifting heavy items. His tattoos stood out prominently against his muscular frame, and the sight of it caused a knot of sexual tension to form in my lower belly.

"Hey, eyes up here, sweet cheeks!" Jax teased, catching me staring, as he was setting up a picnic table. He flashed me a playful grin, and I rolled my eyes, trying to play it cool.

"Oh please! I'm just making sure you're doing it right!" I shot back, sticking my tongue out at him. He chuckled and pulled me into a quick kiss, his lips warm and soft against mine.

"With you dressed like this, all I can think about is taking you inside and doing 'you' right."

I blushed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and thrill at his words. Before I could respond, Gemma's voice cut through the moment. "Alright, lovebirds, enough with the flirting. Get back to work."

Jax laughed and released me, giving me a rough, yet playful swat on the butt. "You heard the lady. Let's get this done."

I shook my head, smiling as we returned to our tasks. Gemma, Jess, and I focused on decorations while the guys worked on the hard stuff like putting tables together and hanging things in high places.

"Hey, Elise, where do you want these?" Half sack called out, holding up a box. I looked inside, and rummaged around a bit, to see what it was. Once I saw that it was decorations, I looked around the yard, and thought for a second.