Race Day

When Jeff woke it was still dark outside. He could hear Alan's steady breath behind him and felt the weight of his strong arm around his waist. The urge was once again there to run, just as it had been when Alan had stayed at his place. But something, something he still didn't understand was keeping him rooted in the bed, in Alan's warm embrace. Carefully reaching out to the nightstand he grabbed his phone to check the time. It was four thirty. They really needed to get up, it was race day and there was lots to do before the starting gun was fired. He rolled over to face Alan, who was still sound asleep. He should wake him. Yes, he should definitely wake him.....in a minute.

How could someone be so handsome? He ran his eyes over Alan's face. His skin had a warm hue to it, and he had clearly been blessed with good genes as he did not look his age. Jeff wanted to touch him, to run his fingertips across the line of his jaw and feel the softness of his cheek.

What the hell was happening to him? For the last month he had been acting entirely out of character and he was sure that it was this sweet smelling Alpha's fault.

As he was deep in thought and without any warning, Alan's arm tightened around him, pulling him forward, his nose coming to rest against the Alpha's cheek.

"Mmmm, Ai'Noo"

"Get off me" is what Jeff had wanted to say, but the words that left his mouth were somewhat different.

"We need to get up old man, get ready for the race"

"Err, what time is it?" the sleepy voice replied.

Jeff closed his eyes as he inhaled the Alpha's scent, momentarily forgetting that he had been asked a question.

"Noo?"

"Oh, right, time, err, it's gone four thirty"

"Ohhh. Damn it, five minutes"

Jeff wriggled slightly in a half hearted attempt to set himself free from Alan's hold, "No, we need to get up"

Alan shook his head, his cheek rubbing against Jeff's nose.

"Alan" Jeff protested, although he made no effort to move this time.

"Ten minutes, then we'll get up" the Alpha said as he shifted his head into the nape of Jeff's neck.

"Ten? You said five just now"

"Shh"

What Jeff did next would come as a total shock to himself when he thought about it later. But in that moment, in the darkness of Alan's familiar bedroom, and the warmth of the Alpha's arms, he said nothing, closed his eyes and smiled.

🌈

Jeff had been forced to drag Alan out of bed after the promised ten minutes had expired, the Alpha having been reluctant to let the younger Omega leave his arms. But, eventually, and after spending longer than usual in the shower they had made it to the garage. They were, of course, the first to arrive and got to work diligently checking over each of the race cars to ensure that there were no problems before they headed down to the track. The vehicles had all been cleaned the previous evening, and apart from the final once over, they were ready to race.

They had both started on cars at opposite ends of the workshop and as they completed one and moved to the next, Jeff couldn't help stealing a glance in Alan's direction. There was no doubt about it, the Alpha was extremely good looking. He had on one of his trademark cut off tees, black today, and his dark green overall sleeves were in their usual position tied around his waist. His eyes were screwed partly shut and Jeff could see that he was biting his bottom lip, both signs of his deep concentration. Lust, it was just lust he told himself. Alan was an exceptionally gorgeous man with an alluring scent that was like nothing Jeff had ever encountered before. That was it.