Klaus

Elena anxiously waited as Elijah began to stir. His eyes opened, and upon seeing her, he reacted with shock.

"Elijah," Elena called out softly.

"Katerina!" Elijah exclaimed, still disoriented.

"Elijah, it's me, it's Elena," she reassured him urgently.

"Oh, my God," Elijah muttered, closing his eyes briefly. Suddenly, his body spasmed, and he struggled to breathe.

"I can't—I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah panicked, rushing towards the door but colliding with the doorway. Elena hurried over, supporting him.

"You're not invited in," Elena realized, her eyes widening with understanding.

"Then get me out of here," Elijah pleaded, slamming into another wall before disappearing. Elena chased after him, reaching the front door. Outside, Elijah crouched, attempting to enter but freezing at the threshold.

"What happened?" Elijah questioned, bewildered.

"Shh!" Elena hushed him, pointing to her ears and gesturing to the stairs where Stefan and Damon could potentially hear.

"I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" Elena whispered urgently.

Elijah raised an eyebrow, his distrust evident after being betrayed by her before. Elena handed him the dagger. After a moment's hesitation, Elijah took it, and they left together.

Meanwhile, Stefan woke abruptly in his bedroom, noticing Elena's absence. Concerned, he rushed downstairs.

"Elena!" Stefan called out, finding Andie in the kitchen doorway with a cup of coffee.

"Hey," Andie greeted calmly.

"Have you seen Elena?" Stefan inquired anxiously.

"Uh, no," Andie replied.

Damon strolled over to Andie, greeting her affectionately. "Hi, sweetie. Oh, my coffee." He kissed her, causing Stefan's impatience to grow.

"Hey, where's Elena?" Stefan pressed, his worry evident.

"I don't know, Stefan. She's your girlfriend. Mine's right here," Damon quipped, glancing at Andie.

Damon continued teasingly, "Oh, and how's the shoulder? Got time for a bite? I'm so hungry."

Andie responded, "Oh, it's really messy. Can you just use a blood bag today? I'm already late for work."

Damon pouted playfully, "No!" as Stefan left a concerned message for Elena.

"Hey, it's me. Where are you? Call me," Stefan said before hanging up. Damon and Andie continued their affectionate exchange, but Stefan's worry only grew.

"What are you doing? She's not a wind-up toy," Stefan confronted them, his concern turning into frustration.

Andie retorted, "It's really none of your business, is it, Stefan?"

"Yeah. What she said," Damon chimed in, supporting Andie.

Andie kissed Damon goodbye. "I have to go to work," she said before leaving.

Stefan noticed the basement door was open and rushed to investigate. Damon, sensing his brother's concern, followed closely. They reached the cellar, finding it empty.

"No, she didn't," Damon concluded grimly, realizing Elena and Elijah were nowhere to be found.

~~**~~

Alaric/Klaus stood at the door with Maddox while Katherine made coffee. Juliet was in the bathroom getting dressed.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Maddox assured.