Our Town

I am sooooooooo sorry, that it took me so long to post another chapter, but I fell through a rift, into Thedas! Pray to whatever god you believe in that I can save that poor world.

________________________________________________________________________________

Damon stepped out of the shower; his body still damp as steam billowed from the bathroom behind him. He casually strolled into his bedroom, a cheerful tune escaping his lips in a light whistle. His mood seemed unusually bright as he toweled off, paying little attention to anything but himself.

When he glanced up, he noticed Stefan standing in the corner, arms crossed, and an annoyed expression plastered across his face.

"Good morning," Damon greeted, unfazed by his brother's presence.

Stefan glared; his impatience clear. "You're late. We were supposed to meet Bonnie at the witch house ten minutes ago."

Damon shrugged, completely unconcerned. "Relax, brother. You don't want your hair to fall out."

Stefan's frown deepened; his voice tinged with frustration. "Would you hurry up? We have work to do. Klaus isn't gonna spontaneously self-destruct. Why are you all chipper?"

Damon paused for a beat, pulling on a shirt as his smirk widened. "No reason," he said, his tone almost teasing. "Be with you in a minute."

With a casual wave of his hand, he brushed off Stefan's urgency, clearly enjoying taking his time. Stefan rolled his eyes, his frustration simmering just below the surface as he watched Damon's leisurely pace.

~~**~~

Bonnie stood in the dimly lit room, her eyes closed, arms raised as she chanted in Latin, her voice growing louder with every word. The air around her crackled with energy, but despite her efforts, the coffin in front of her remained sealed tight.

"Why won't you open?!" she shouted, her frustration echoing off the walls.

Suddenly, the coffins vanished, leaving Bonnie stunned. Her heart raced as the floorboards creaked under the weight of something—or someone. She wasn't alone.

"Hello?" she called out, cautiously turning her head, her eyes scanning the room. "Someone there?"

Outside, Damon and Stefan approached the old witch house, their footsteps crunching against the gravel path.

"You didn't say anything to Elena about the coffins, right?" Stefan asked, his tone cautious.

Damon glanced sideways; his casual demeanor intact. "No, I said I wouldn't."

Stefan wasn't convinced. "I know what you said."

Damon stopped walking and turned to face him; eyebrows raised. "Why are you asking?"

Stefan's jaw tightened. "Because protecting the location of Klaus' family is my number one priority right now. And the fewer people who know, the better."

Damon rolled his eyes, but before he could respond, he paused. Something wasn't right. He stopped in his tracks, and Stefan followed suit, looking at him curiously.

Inside the house, Bonnie slowly crept towards the staircase, her heart thudding in her chest. As she turned the corner, she saw Damon standing there. He raised a finger to his lips, silently telling her to be quiet, his eyes sharp and focused.

Just as the tension in the air thickened, a hybrid appeared, emerging from the shadows. He rushed outside and collided with Stefan, his eyes turning bloodshot as he vamped out, baring his fangs. The hybrid lunged for Stefan's throat, but before he could bite, Damon appeared behind him in a blur, swiftly ripping the hybrid's heart out in one clean motion.