As I lay Dying

Damon took a bottle of scotch from the cabinet and poured himself a drink. With a sigh, he opened the curtains, letting the sun shine upon his face. He sipped the scotch, savoring the burn, then put the glass down on a table. Returning to the window, he took off his ring and dropped it on the floor. Opening his arms, he braced himself as his skin began to burn. But before the pain could consume him, Stefan arrived and pushed him out of the sunlight.

"Get off of me," Damon snapped.

"You're not doing this," Stefan insisted, his voice firm.

"Just did. You know what happened to Rose, Stefan," Damon retorted, bitterness lacing his words.

Using his super speed, Stefan threw Damon into the cellar. "I don't care. You're not dying today."

Stefan closed the door and locked it. He looked at Damon through the bars in the door. Damon remained on the floor but turned to look at him, his expression a mix of defiance and despair.

"What's the plan, Superman?" Damon asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I'm gonna find a way out of this," Stefan replied, determination in his eyes.

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one," Damon scoffed.

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything," Stefan said, hope lingering in his tone.

"Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me goodbye, get it over with," Damon said, his voice softening as he started coughing. He rolled onto his stomach and coughed up some blood onto his hand.

"Lie still. Conserve your strength," Stefan advised.

Stefan left, locking Damon in the cellar. Damon lay on the floor, his strength waning, as the heavy silence enveloped him.

~~**~~

Klaus woke up naked in the forest, the early morning sun casting dappled light through the trees. He stretched, letting out a satisfied smile as he basked in the warmth. Just then, clothes were tossed his way. He turned his head to see Elijah and Juliet standing nearby.

"You've been busy," Elijah remarked with a hint of amusement.

Klaus grinned, catching the clothes and beginning to dress. "That was amazing. How long has it been?"

"Almost two days. The full moon came and went, and you remained a wolf," Juliet answered, her eyes lingering on Klaus as he dressed. Klaus caught her gaze and winked, a playful smirk curling on his lips. He was glad he managed to get his pants on before Elijah noticed the effect Juliet had on him.

Juliet's smirk deepened as she continued to watch, unashamed.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill," Klaus said, pulling on his shirt.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way," Elijah said, rolling his eyes.

"Just like old times, brother," Klaus replied, his tone laced with nostalgia.

"You've had your fun," Elijah said, clearly unimpressed.

Klaus chuckled. "Loosen up, brother."

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "What now?"

"Now I take my girl on a road trip, looking for wolves to turn," Klaus said with a grin.

"Oh joy," Juliet said, her sarcasm dripping as she rolled her eyes.

Klaus flashed her a smile. "What will you be doing?"

Elijah cleared his throat. "Well, I got a phone call this morning from Miss Jenna."