Book 2, Chp 2: Rescue Jim

3rd POV

Its been a couple days since the they found a way to save Jim which is Aarg who is the key to save him. However, to do that, they must find a cure to reverse the creeper sun poison and there was only one organization who knows its cure, changelings who are loyal to Gunmar. Outside of troll business, the humans been doing their best to cover Jim, but Steve have been bothering "Jim" so much that they had to settle it but "Jim" managed.

Back in troll business, the humans had to sneak in the changeling organization to seek the cure but were caught by them. However, the changeling made a bargain with the humans. One that is very risky even for the trolls to make, retrieving Vendels staff in exchange of the cure. They could've make a fake one with YNs earthbending, but they can tell the differences. So they had no choice but to steal and make the trade. One can hope it was worth it to save not just Aarg, but to save Jim from the darkland. We now see everyone is working on the cure in the forge with Aarg statue as Toby is holding a sliming larvae.

Toby: Ugh, slimy

Toby: Ugh, slimy. Slimy, gross.

Toby tosses it in a cauldron as everyone else got the ingredients and toss it in as well. 

Toby: I think that's almost all of it.

YN: Just one more thing left.

Toby: Oh come on.

YN: We did rock paper scissors it Tobes.

Toby: Fine.

Toby tries to hurt himself until Blinky stomp his feet. Causing Toby to shed a tear before he picks it and toss it in.

Blinky: And lastly, a fragment of Heartstone.

YN: Let's hope it'll be worth it.

Blinky: Have faith, master YN.

Blinky holds out the fragment and tosses it in before it caused a cloud of smoke and it fly towards Aarg.

Claire: It's working!

Soon the cloud of smoke disappeared and nothing happened to Aarg.

Toby: I don't get it. What happened?

Claire: Nothing. It... It didn't work.

Blinky: I... I thought for certain-

Toby: No! No, come on, we did everything right! Come on, after all that we did, it has to work.

Claire: Unless....The list was bogus! How could we have been so stupid?

YN: I knew it! Never trust the changelings!

Toby: (Sniff.) The amulet told us we could bring him back. He has to come back. (Sniff.) I even did the tear thing.

YN: Wait, look!

They all see Aarg hand is turning back to normal as it spreads through his body and Toby became happy to see his best troll friend is back.

Claire: Aarg!