01

。☆✼★━━━━━━ ☽ ━━━━━━★✼☆。

 ☽ new delegate━━━━━━━━

new delegate
━━━━━━━━

The sun's rays caressed Riki's face through the window.

He was leaning against the wall of his high school corridor, waiting for Jake to finish his test.

It was five minutes after the bell rang that Jake came out of the room, saying, "Yes ma'am, I'm sorry. I'll study harder next time."

Jake raised his eyebrows as he met Riki's gaze.

"She told me again that if I'd studied, I'd have finished earlier, but yesterday's baseball game was way too interesting."

"Did we win ?"

"No."

Riki huffed and puffed, then put his hand on Jake's shoulder, as if to console him. "They'll win next time." the two best friends began walking to their next class.

"If only I were on this team, we'd win every game."

"You've never played baseball Jake."

He raised his eyes to the sky and walked into the classroom.

Riki took his place. He'd chosen this table because it was always lit by the sun.

He was close to the window and could see the clouds pass by as the day went by and the sun's rays shine through.

As the class began, someone knocked on the door and entered the room.

His breathing stopped, recognizing the girl he'd seen crying on the hill the day before.

She apologized for the her late while playing with her scarf and went to sit at her table, at the back in the darkest part of the classroom.

Jake tapped his on the shoulder, forcing Riki to look away from the girl. "You're surprised to see her too, right ?" Jake turned his head back to the girl. "It's been so long since she's been here, I'd almost forgotten her face."

"Yet I've seen you talking with her before."

"That's because I was a delegate last year."

"What were you thinking, being delegated is probably the most boring thing."

Jake nodded. "My mom wanted me to. She was very proud of me when I told her."

Riki smiled at the proud little smile Jake wore.

"But the worst part was that I had to help her work, you know, with what happened to her." Jake pursed his lips.

Riki's eyes widened, "Oh, was that her boyfriend who hung himself a few months ago ?"

His best friend nodded, and Riki dropped a quick glance toward the girl. "What's her name ?"

"Sora."

"Sora." repeated Riki, turning around.