09. #TeamNOARNOLD

Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

♱✮♱⋆

Noa's Knight
September 4, 2023

Basketball, making beats to beating people up—Paige Bueckers has once again squared up in the ring to protect her leading lady. As Jackson's signature black BMW pulled up to XX Label's headquarters for a session with long-time stylist, Jill Remple, a familiar face stepped out to hold the door for our favourite Latin singer. Making their way to the agency doors, Bueckers got into a bit of a scuffle with a reporter who seemed to overstep the border of professionalism. Bueckers seemed to have put her mingling socialite days behind her and locked down on her new bae. Noa Jackson had never been one to hire protective detail when she comes home, but it looks like she has a new personal knight ready to jump to her rescue. (Video)

               "Stop, we just had our outfits coordinated yesterday and the premier's in four days. That's a good few days before I have to start thinking about training and stuff." Noa argued, "I know I'm supposed to be in public more to stay 'socially relevant' or whatever, but I have classes and friends, Roy. I haven't had time to spend time with Ali or Azzi since I've been back."

"I know, I know, and I know I promised you a break before things got heated but since tour, new stuff's been rolling in and the fast life has its downsides." he said, grimacing. "You have today off, and I know you really wanna get back to classes this week, but it just doesn't seem like a good time. I heard from a little birdie you're also going out on dates now? Y'know I don't care about your social life, Noa, but I trust you know what's best for you and keep things as controlled as possible to ensure there's no need for clean-up."

"I have today off? I was supposed to have classes the whole of this week but I can't ever go to them, when am I suppose to study or relax?" She crossed her arms. "You're really beginning to burn me out here, Roy. I need a break from work, I've been practically wed to it the past three months."

"Listen, the premiere this Saturday will be your last official schedule before award season in December. Sativa will be submitted into a few categories, along with your second album, I can't guarantee you'll have too much of a big break." Roy answered text messages on his phone, reading off the calendar he then pulled up. "Besides, the press is really eating up your new relationship. Yolanda says even being associated with your name has brought in some big sponsors for Paige as a sports personality. Checking the way even your old music seems to be topping charts right now, I'd say her fans are returning the favour."

He turned his phone off, grinning—half apologetically, half promising—at the singer.

"It's fresh, and you gotta let it bleed before it heals. I need you and Paige to spend more time outside official work. Go watch a movie, or stay after a little after a practice. Whatever it is, keep it coming."