Chapter 12

OLUWADARASIMI'S POV

"I still can't believe you are going to Paris for mid term break and I am gonna be stuck in Nigeria", Cynthia whines while checking out herself in a new maxi dress which she found in my wardrobe. Didn't even know I had that cloth.

"Well, it's not my fault, I need to go for work remember"

"Easy for you to say, you get to have fun too, God I wish I had your kind of workkk, what am I supposed to do without you here now then?", she says still whining, trying out another dress. She has a date tonight and she's looking for an outfit to wear, claiming I have better dresses.

"Come help me pick out an outfit, I need to dress to slay"

"Why the need, shebi it's just a casual date ya going for?", I say and she gives me a deadpan look.

" Yeah, but I want to impress this one cause he might be the one", she says twirling in a blue ball gown of mine.

I'm not surprised at her antics, she always say this at every new date she has but they always tend out to be not good enough for her. I don't say this out loud of course in order not to dampen her mood cause Cynthia is the worse person to try and convince when she's in her love mode so I help her choose an outfit instead.

"Ehnn, that reminds me, what's going on with you and Femi. Are you guys dating now or something?"

" What, no! "

" Well, your character says otherwise, jumping and kissing him on his first day! ", she says and I think if that's what everyone is thinking. I didn't even kiss him, it was just a peck!

" Is that really how it looked like?"

" Duhhhh, oh what about that one? ", she says leaving the topic after spoting a beautiful nude maxi dress. I help her fish it out for her to try.

"You know, you can give it a try, it's been a while since you had a boyfriend"

"Nahh, I'm not sure, I don't see him that way. Probably a few flirting here and there but that's it"

"Are you sure though, it wouldn't hurt to try, he's single isn't he?",

"That I know of, yes", I say and I look at Cynthia, she has always been blessed with natural curves, she's that kind of person who doesn't get add weight irrespective of what she eats unlike me who has to watch every single thing I take in.

"What do you think?", she asks twirling and I must say it clung to her like a second skin, clinging at her tiny waist, making her butt pop. It showed little cleavage but enough to get the opposite gender engaged, she was a bit fair so the color was the perfect combo. I never really wore the cloth that much cause it never fit like I wanted to whenever I wore it so I just tossed it, that's what happens to most of my clothes, reason why I have bunch of them in my wardrobe.

I always admired Cynthia but I never really said it out loud, everyone thought of me as the perfect model but the truth is I have to try twice as much, watching what I eat, the kind of clothes I wear to remain in shape, sometimes I just want to be a lazy couch potato but I don't have that luxury, something about me having to live up to my parents legacy blah blah blah. One reason why I became a model, I used to love modelling but it got more suffocating and demanding as the fame grew and now it seems like torture to me.

"Earth to Dara", Cynthia says snapping her fingers at me bringing me out of my mini daydream.

"Where'd you go?"

"Nothing, just thought of something, what's up?"

"I asked you if I should wear this?"

"Yeah, it's perfect, enough to keep your man wanting more, what's the name of your date again?"

"Farouq", she says with a slight blush. Okay that was new, Cynthia barely blushes at the name of her date, maybe he might be the one after all.

"Well, farouq ain't keeping his eyes off you, pretty sure he's gonna be thinking of you a whole lot after the date", I say winking at the last part and she blushes.

"Okay okay, I have to get ready, do my hair and makeup before he gets here"

"What about your parents?", I ask knowing Cynthia parents certainly won't approve of her going out on a date that late, especially not with a dress like that.

"That's why I'm dressing over at yours he's coming to pick me up here. Told my parents I was having a sleepover at yours"

"Ouuu, lying now are we?", I say teasing her a bit.

"Oh hushhh, not everyone's parents are as cool as yours", she says.

Of course, not everyone's parent is as non-existent in their daughter's life as mine. Mine doesn't care what I do as long as it doesn't tamper with my modelling career. 'Parents of the year', Cynthia always thought I was lucky but little did she know I would kill to have her kind of parents even for a day. One of the many things I envy about her.

"Okay then, what time does your date get here?", I ask trying to not dwell too much on my family's problem.

"6:30", she says and I see we have about 2 hours before he gets here.

"Alright, step into my magic kingdom and watch me perform my magic", I say and she lets out a laugh.

Heyoo guys, so I decided to try something different, I'm going to be writing in different people's POV once in while so we can really see them for who they are. That's Dara's POV, guess things aren't as rosy as we think they are. So what do you guys think about it?

Don't forget to like and drop your review, they always make my day❤️.

Remember to stay safe and of course. I love you all❤️.