Chapter 17

Sophia's POV

Now that Jade has a class and I'm bored, I decide to do something to ease my boredom before school fully starts for the day.

I plan on heading to the library to go and stalk my crushes insta a bit but decide against that, that library witch always eyes me weirdly and I'm certainly not ready for her annoying vibe this morning.

I find myself strolling through school just to clear my head a bit, I'm about to pass the school gym when I sight a figure doing push-up. Curiosity took better of me and I decide to enter and look more intensely at the figure and boy did he look hot.

Damn!

The figure was shirtless and all sweaty and I find my inner sweat a little. Just then the figure turns and I make sight of the face.

Chiké, it's freaking Chiké!!!

How come I never really noticed how hot he was.

"You did big head, remember you used to have a crush on him", my subconsciousness says with an eyeroll.

" Yeah, maybe I did but he's a player and I'm not ready to have my heart broken again biko"

Deciding that I've seen enough, I try and head out of the gym before he catches me staring.

I hear some gym equipment scatter and make a resounding sound all across the gym. I realize I am the cause of the noise, my leg had hit the equipment mounted at the door.

Who puts equipment at the door self.

Great, just great. I really had to be clumsy today of all days.

Noticing the clattering noise, Chiké turns his full attention to my side and I immediately duck but I was too late cause he noticed someone was there.

"Who's there?", he asks and I pray he lets it go and doesn't come closer. He asks the question again and I notice him coming closer to my side.

I decide to make it less awkward and stand up pretending to be arranging the equipments back to their initial place.

"Sophia?", I hear him ask unsure if it's me or not.

"Hi", I say meekly turning around to meet his eye and I see him smirk.

Yenyenyen

"Fancy meeting you here"

"I could say the same to you"

"I have an excuse, I was practicing, what's yours?"

"I was being vigilant enough to make sure it's not a stranger or anything",I say and I see him trying not to burst out laughing.

Vigilante, really Sophia. Nice work!

"Anyways, nice work. Continue with what you were doing, I'll let you be", I say wanting to get out of here before things got more awkward.

"Uh, Sophia wait up", I hear Chiké say and I turn around curious.

" What's up?", I ask and I see him grow nervous.

Okay, that's a change of mood, what happened to cocky Chiké few minutes ago?

"Ummm", he says scratching the back of his head, involuntarily makes his muscles twitch and I find myself ogling shamelessly at his biceps.

Get a grip Sophia.

I clear my throat and he takes that as a cue to continue what he was saying.

"Oh yeah, sorry", he says nervously chuckling "I wanted to ask if you were free to come to the game next week"

"Of course, principal kinda made it compulsory for all seniors to attend so yeah I will be there"