Chapter 20

Heyoo, long time no see. I know y'all probably hate me, I'm sorry, I'v been busy with school stress and all🥲 but I'm back for now🤭.

  Y'all must have also noticed a slight change from Diary of an average Nigerian teenage girl to Diary of an average Nigerian teenager. Not to worry, it's still the same book and plot.
Now that that's out of the way, dive in and have a good time🤭.

Jadesola's POV

"Greetings students, this is your principal speaking, sorry to interrupt your classes but there's to be an impromptu assembly in the next 5 minutes so please gently move to the hall and await further instructions"

We hear the principal through the speakers say midway our maths class and boy was I happy, anything to escape this torture but what could be the reason for an impromptu assembly on a Thursday morning.

"Alright, you heard the principal, all of you should quietly file out starting from the first row", Master Dike says. " No pushing!", he says with a serious face.

Sophia and I finally clasp our hands together before making way our out of the class to the hall.

what's happened now?

At least it has delivered me from that maths torture

I pray it's takes up to an hour self

"Students and gossip", Sophia whipers to me while still holding me close.

"But seriously though, what could be the reason?"

"I'm as confused as you are"

"Well, as long as it doesn't affect me, I'm glad to be out of that class", she says and I laugh.

Silly gurl

We finally made it to the hall in one piece despite the pushes and commotion from other students.

The perfects do their best to make the hall as quiet as possible but the students still spoke in hush voices, curious to know exactly what happened and the reason for the sudden call.

Impromptu calls could only mean few things; special announcement, declaration of public holiday or punishment of erring students.

The principal slowly makes his way to the stage commanding immediate decorum from the students, following him closely  are senior Efua and James.

Okay, that's strange.

"Attention everyone, I know this is impromptu and I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences this might have caused but it's a matter of urgency that needs to be addressed. We all know the code and conducts guiding this prestigious school, some of which I never fail to remind you of every day, despite the warnings, these students have decided to disobey them.
These two were caught having sex in the library after school hours"

Gasps and murmur filled the hall.

"Decorum please! It also came as a shock when I heard of the indecent act performed by them. Seniors for that matter who are supposed to be a means of emulation to their junior have delighted joy in engaging in this bad act. We would have kept in under wraps but we decided to use this as a means of warning to every student out here, to those who have been engaging in the act and those who wants to begin. DO NOT TRY IT!"

"We've informed their parents and because this is their first offence,we have decided that they will be suspended indefinitely. Let this serve as a warning to everyone, this is a citadel of learning and not a brothel. We cherish and uphold our moral conduct and won't hesitate to be strict on those who break it. Thank you and have a great day".

The principal finishes his speech before heading off the stage,accompanied by senior Efua and James the same way they came and the murmur starts in full force.

Students live for these kinda gossips.

A tiny bit of me feel pity for them but they should have known better than to perform that act in the school, library of all places where there are cameras left and right.

"They couldn't even do it in the bathroom", Sophia says beside me.

"Why do it at all?", I say turning to her.

"Oh come on, not everyone can be a mother Teresa like you and besides this isn't the first time students are having sex in school, it's either they are amateurs at it or they decided to be adventurous", Sophia concludes with an eyeroll and I laugh.

"Okay students, that will be all for now, please quietly return to your classes and resume your lectures for the day", Mrs Suleiman, the vice principal says.

The prefects starts to usher students out of the hall and I can still hear different murmurs.

I'm sure this is gonna be the hottest topic for the next few days to come.

"There's one person I wish they had caught though", Sophia says as we wait for our turn to move out.

"Who is that"

"Dara and her wannabe friends now, it would have been so epic"

"Well Dara is smart enough to not get caught"

"I doubt her parents will ever let them publicize it like this self if she does get caught. At the snap of her father's finger and the case is forgotten like it never happened"

Sounds like something Dara's dad can do sha

"She wouldn't want to disrupt her perfect wannabe image anyways"

"Only God knows if she has been caught before self"

We finally make our way out of the hall, heading to class.

"Thank God it's almost break time self", Sophia says looking at the time on her watch.

"Let's go endure the few remaining minutes of maths together", I say dragging her along before letting out a groan.

*******************************************************************************

Sips hot agbo Jedi🌝

All these shildren and bad bad things sha🌚.

Anyways, don't forget to leave a like, your comments and maybe a follow 🤭.

Till I come your way again. I love you all ❤️. Don't forget to stay safe always.

Mwahh😘