Introduction

This is Auradon, the kingdom where all your favorite fairy tales are true. It was formed 30 years ago, when Beast married Belle.And how do you think they got all those characters to coexist? Simple.By banishing the villains to the Isle of the Lost. That's where I grew up. You might know my name. Uma, daughter of the big, bad sea witch, Ursula, and a pirate queen not to be messed with. I helped Mal and Ben free the isle and now that they're on the throne, things are a lot more fair around here. But they're sailing off with Jay and Evie on a new adventure, forming alliances with distant lands. And guess who they left in charge while they're gone? That's right. Villains rule. And you can bet I'm gonna shake things up around here.

In the principal's office of Auradon Prep, the Fairy Godmother was carefully preparing everything for the new principal's arrival. It was a moment of transition, one filled with hope and perhaps a little anxiety.

The door creaked open, and a young woman stepped inside, her eyes taking in the room with curiosity. "Mmm. Ooh. I've been to the principal's office before, but never like this," she remarked with a hint of amusement.

This woman was Uma, the former pirate captain from the Isle of the Lost, and now, the newly appointed principal of Auradon Prep.

Smiling kindly, the Fairy Godmother approached, her demeanor warm and welcoming as Uma casually threw herself onto the plush couch. "I made us tea," the Fairy Godmother said, pouring two cups with a practiced hand.

Uma nodded, accepting the cup with a slight grin. The Fairy Godmother, however, stood in front of her with a serious expression, a stark contrast to the lightness of the moment. "Oh, it's not an easy job, Uma. But I hope you find it fulfilling."

Uma, unphased by the weight of responsibility, shrugged and took a sip of tea. "I've run a crew of cut-throats since I was sixteen. I think I can handle a few prep school kids." Her smile broadened as she reminisced about her days on the Isle, leading her crew.

"Pirates!" Uma called out, and her loyal crew burst into action, bringing in decorations that reflected her unique style—rough, bold, and undeniably pirate. "You just enjoy retirement," she added offhandedly to the Fairy Godmother.

The Fairy Godmother blinked in surprise. "I'm not retiring... Are you sure you want to put that up there?" she asked, eyeing the new decor with a mixture of shock and disapproval. "I've been chosen as the new president of Auradon University, and to ensure a seamless transition, I have prepared a list, color-coded by priority." She handed Uma a meticulously organized paper.

Uma glanced at the list before setting it aside, her focus elsewhere. "My first order of business will be making sure kids from all the kingdoms are welcome to attend AP."

"Oh, well, that's already our school policy," the Fairy Godmother responded proudly.

"I said 'all,'" Uma clarified, her tone firm. "Even Wonderland."

The Fairy Godmother's eyes widened in alarm. "Wonderland? No," she said, shaking her head. "Wonderland is hostile."

Uma leaned in, arms crossed confidently. "I've heard. Their queen's a tyrant."

"The Queen of Hearts refused to join Auradon when we united. She raised an army, and we had to wall off the rabbit hole," the Fairy Godmother explained, her voice tinged with concern. "Oh, dear. If only Queen Mal and King Ben were here."

A smirk tugged at the corners of Uma's lips. "Well, too bad they're not. And why do you think Mal put me in charge if she didn't want to shake things up around here? No offense, Fairy G, but you don't know Mal and Ben like I do. I used to hate Mal. I'm sure you've heard, but you know what happened? We reconciled. We saw the goodness in each other. When she and Ben finally opened up the Isle, they gave all villains a second chance. It's time Wonderland got one too." Uma pulled a letter from her coat and handed it to the Fairy Godmother.