swordsplay

Blanc quickly spun around, her eyes darting anxiously through the curtain of rain. The downpour blurred her vision, making it difficult to see anything beyond the immediate shadows. Desperation and worry etched across her face, she strained to catch any sign of movement in the murky darkness.

Morgie, sensing her unease, swiftly climbed up the nearest tree, the wet bark slick under his hands. He perched on a branch, scanning the area with sharp eyes, hoping to spot something—anything—that might reveal where the owl came from. But all he saw was the relentless rain and the swaying silhouettes of trees. Shaking his head, he dropped back down to the ground, landing softly beside her. His expression was somber as he met her anxious gaze, the uncertainty weighing heavily between them.

"We have to stay on guard. Who knows what might be happening inside," Blanc said, her voice tinged with anxiety as she peered into the distance, searching the direction the owl had flown from. The rain obscured her view, offering no clues. Frustrated and uneasy, she leaned into Morgie's warm embrace, letting out a weary sigh. "I really hope everything goes smoothly."

Morgie wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to shield her from the cold. He began to hum softly, a gentle tune meant to soothe both their nerves. "Don't worry," he murmured, trying to project confidence. "They're villains. We don't get caught." But despite his reassuring words, the slight tremor in his voice betrayed his own worry. He was just as concerned for their friends as she was, and the uncertainty gnawed at him even as he tried to comfort her.

Meanwhile, inside the principal's office, Red and Chloe were locked in a fierce battle with the enchanted swords, each blade darting and slashing through the air with lethal intent. They moved with a relentless, almost sentient aggression, forcing the girls to stay on constant alert to avoid getting stabbed or injured.

Red ducked behind a stone pillar for cover, but a sword thrust violently through the stone, narrowly missing her by inches. She yanked her head back just in time, her heart pounding in her chest as she stared at the blade protruding from the stone, realizing just how close she'd come to being skewered. Panic surged through her veins, making her movements jittery as she tried to think of a way out.

"Red, I can hold them off!" Chloe shouted, her voice strained but determined as she fended off multiple swords at once, her own blade clashing and ringing out against the magical steel. She glimpsed Red making her way up the stairs, still intent on grabbing the book. "Grab the book!" Chloe urged, summoning every ounce of her strength to keep the swords at bay, her muscles burning with the effort.

Red's hands trembled as she climbed, each step taking her closer to the book that seemed to be their only hope. She could hear the clash of steel behind her, Chloe's grunts of exertion mingling with the ominous whir of the swords cutting through the air. Time was running out, and the stakes had never felt higher.

A second owl materialized out of thin air, swooping toward Red just as she swung on a chandelier, reaching desperately for the book. She missed it by mere centimeters, and with a heavy thud, the book crashed to the floor. "No!" she cried out, frustration and fear tightening in her chest.

"Red!" Chloe shouted, her voice edged with urgency. She hurled a shield towards Red, who caught it just in time, raising it to block the swords that were closing in on her. The sharp clang of metal against metal echoed through the room as Red held the shield firmly, her muscles straining under the force.

Chloe, moving quickly, slid underneath the table where Red was standing, seeking refuge from the onslaught. The owl, relentless in its attack, swooped down at Red, but she deflected it with the shield, sending the owl tumbling to the ground. As its glowing eyes dimmed and finally went dark, the enchanted swords vanished into nothing.