Chapter 11

My alarm clock fell off my dresser and started a screeching sound. 

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "When are you going to fix my alarm? It's so annoying," I muffled as I put my pillow over my head.

"Hey, at least it wakes you up," Beline declared.

"Yeah, sure does. Then it wakes everybody up in the house and I get in trouble. Stupid alarm," I muttered.

"I heard that, Annabelle," my alarm clock remarked.

"Moooommmm!" I said as I jumped out of my bed and ran down the stairs to the kitchen. "My alarm clock just talked to me! I mean, who does that type of freaky stuff?"

"I think I know who did it," Mom laughed. I looked over to where Mom's hand was pointing. Coming down the stairs was a laughing Max. That twerp.

"How could you?!" I demanded. "I am never going to sleep in that room again! You are the most evil son of a-"

"Language missy," Max laughed, almost falling down the stairs.

"You are a toad!" I exclaimed. "You do know that, don't you?" I questioned mildly.

"Of course," He answered without hesitation, almost toppling down the stairs not only because of his laughing fit, but also because of his ribs.

"Are you ribs okay?" I questioned,

"Yeah they're good. Doctor said that stitches come off tomorrow but I have to keep the brace on."

My dad walked in from his car work and gave Mom a hug. "How 'bout you go get ready to go to school, both of you," Trevin insisted. Max was whispering in my head about turning my alarm clock into a whoopee cushion.

"Wait, you expect me to get ready when he's making remarks about turning my alarm clock into a whoopee cushion?"

"No, I expect you to get ready in less than 5 minutes to go see what is outside in the driveway. Oops! Did I give it away?" My father said as he looked at Mom, looking for an answer.

"No, you did fine honey. Just don't give away any more hints." I ran upstairs to my room, plopped headphones on, and listened to my Music playlist on spotify. My jam!

"Anne! Turn that down. I can hear that all the way from the bathroom!" Max exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, can't hear you!" I yelled, ignoring what he said.

"I will come in there and turn it off!"

"Still can't hear you!" I turned it up louder.

I got dressed, got my backpack on, made sure I had my IPOD with me, and headed out the door. Someone put a hand over my eyes. Trevin, I think.

"Guess what? Are you ready for your surprise?"

"Yeah, Dad. I'm ready." He took his hands off of my eyes, and jumped back.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" I exclaimed, surprised. Outside in the driveway was a Grand Cherokee Jeep. Specifically black and navy blue. It had a license plate so I didn't have to pay for one. It was beautiful.

"It'ssobeautiful!" I said, breathless. "I love it. Thanks Mom, Dad,"

"No problem. It was one your uncle didn't want anymore and he gave it to us thinking that you might need it when you graduate. So, here it is,"

"Thanks. Both of you! May I take a test ride?" I asked, excited.

"Of course! Go ahead and see if you like it." My father was always the type who always knew what women liked. He knew what my favorite colors were and put it into my own car. Awesome. Max walked down the stairs with his hair unbrushed, still sleepy-eyed, with blue jeans and a gray and black overshirt.