☆ a.m. ☆

A/N: hi! this chapter contains a short conversation about self-harm. also credits to @cherryirwxn for making me write this again. She also gave me so many ideas for this story, love you sm cherry.

Dex's POV...

"Dex do you wanna have a sleep over tonight?" Ash asked me. We were hanging out in my room, he had his head in my lap while he sat on the floor and I sat on the bed.

"Sure. My house or yours?" I ran my fingers through his hair, he almost purred.

"Hmmm... mine."

I grabbed his phone and called his mum, waiting for the answer. I looked at Ashton. He was looking through my jewelry box.

When his mum finally answered the phone, she asked what he needed. "Uh, hi Ms. Irwin. It's Dex, me and Ash were wondering if we could have a sleepover at your house?"

"Of course Dextra, if your mum is okay with it I am as well." I looked at Ashton and gave him a thumbs up. He put all my jewelry back and ran to ask my mom, I told Ms. Irwin thank you and chased him down.

My mom okayed it, Ashton helped me pack an overnight bag, and we were on our way. When we got to his house, we made a sleepover plan.

1. make a pillow fort

2. paint each other's nails

3. face masks

4. makeovers

5. walk to the corner store for snacks

6. baking

7. watch a movie or something

Some of them took some convincing, but he finally agreed.

"My mums going out tonight, so we'll be home alone. We can start the pillow fort then." He said as we laid on his bed room floor.

I was wearing short sleeves, and the scars on my arms were visible. I had always worn jackets around Ash, so this was the first time he saw my arms. Occasionally I could see him glancing at my arms.

My scars were all up and down my arms; Mikey knew about them, so did my parents. But nobody else knew about them.

After a long pause in the conversation we were having, Ashton asked the dreaded question.

"Hey Dex?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened to your arms?"

I panicked.

"My cat."

"You don't have a cat."

"Fuck, I forgot you've been to my house."

"What really happened to your arms?"

"I happened."

Ashton sat up and scooted closer to me, running his hands through my hair. "You know I'm here for you right?"

I laid my head in his lap and looked up at him, he had a soothing face. "I know, but I don't want to burden you with the messes I make."

"I'm still your friend after the whole thing with Jake aren't I?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess you are, I'm still sorry about that you know."

"You shouldn't be, I'm not upset about it anymore" He ran his fingers through my hair again, slowly forming a braid.

His mum opened the door, "Hey do you two mind putting Lauren and Harry to sleep later on? And maybe hanging out with them for a bit tonight? I have a party tonight."