11. Stalker?

AYAAN MUKHERJEE'S POV

I'm walking down the street, sipping my coffee and enjoying the warm sun on my face. It's been two weeks since my life returned to normal, and I'm grateful for the peace and quiet. But as I turn the corner, I can't shake off the feeling that someone is following me. Again.

At first, I think it's just my paranoia, but the sensation persists. I quicken my pace, but the feeling only intensifies.

I can sense eyes on me, boring into my skin. I spin around, but there's no one there. Just people going about their day.

I try to focus on my work, but the feeling lingers. I'm being watched. I'm being stalked. The thought sends a shiver down my spine.

I pick up my pace, my heart racing with every step. I need to lose them. I dart into a nearby alley, my eyes scanning the crowded street. That's when I see him. A guy in a black hoodie, lurking in the shadows.

My instincts scream at me to run, but my legs feel like lead. I'm frozen in place, my eyes locked on the mysterious figure.

As suddenly as he appeared, he vanishes into thin air. I'm left standing there, my heart pounding in my chest. What just happened? Was it my imagination playing tricks on me?

My mind is racing with questions and fears. Who is this person? What do they want from me? Is it someone from my past, seeking revenge or closure? Or is it someone new, a stranger with a twisted obsession?

I try to shake off the feeling, telling myself I'm being paranoid, but it's no use. My senses are on high alert, my eyes scanning every face in the crowd, searching for a glimpse of the mysterious figure.

Every step I take feels like a betrayal, as if I'm being led further into a trap. My heart races with anticipation, my palms growing sweaty. I can't focus on anything except the feeling of being watched.

I quicken my pace, my eyes darting back and forth, searching for an escape. But every door I approach seems to lead to more questions. Who is this person? What do they want from me?

The world around me becomes a blur, my senses overwhelmed by the constant feeling of being stalked. I'm trapped in a never-ending nightmare, with no escape in sight.

And then, just as suddenly as it started, everything stops. The feeling vanishes, leaving me breathless and confused. Was it all just my imagination?

But the memory of those eyes lingers, haunting me. I know what I felt. I know what I saw. And I won't rest until I uncover the truth.

Yuvraaj! The name echoes in my mind like a curse. I've always known him to be a bit off, but I never thought he'd stoop this low. Is it really possible that my own cousin is stalking me?

I try to recall our last encounter, but my mind comes up blank. Was there something I said or did that triggered this behavior? I rack my brain for answers, but none come.

As I walk, my eyes scan the crowd, searching for a glimpse of Yuvraaj's familiar face. But he's nowhere to be found. Or is he?

My mind races with questions. What does Yuvraaj want from me? Is he seeking revenge for some perceived slight? Or is this some twisted game of cat and mouse?

I quicken my pace, my heart pounding in my chest. I need to get to the bottom of this. I need to confront Yuvraaj and put an end to this once and for all.

                      **********

I sit at the dinner table, trying to avoid eye contact with my dad. He's been lecturing me for the past hour about my latest mistake - getting a mafia sister pregnant.

"Ayaan, what were you thinking?" my dad thunders, his voice echoing off the walls. "You know better than to mess with the mafia. And now, you've gone and gotten their sister pregnant!"

I squirm in my seat, trying to come up with an excuse. But my dad's having none of it.

"You're going to have to marry her, Ayaan," he says, his voice firm. "There's no way around it. You've ruined her reputation, and now you have to make it right."

I groan inwardly, knowing that my life is about to get a whole lot more complicated.

As we finish dinner and the lecture finally ends, I breathe a sigh of relief.

                       *********

I'm fast asleep, lost in a world of dreams, when suddenly, I feel it. A pair of eyes upon me, boring into my skin. I try to brush it off as mere paranoia, but the sensation persists.

I open my eyes to find a figure standing in the shadows, watching me. My heart races as I try to make out their features, but it's too dark.

"Who's there?" I demand, trying to keep my voice steady.

The figure doesn't move or respond. It just keeps staring at me with an unnerving intensity.

I throw off the covers and get out of bed, my eyes fixed on the figure. "What do you want?" I ask, trying to sound braver than I feel.

Slowly, the figure steps forward, its features becoming clearer with each step. It's seems like Yuvraaj, his eyes gleaming with a sinister light.

I'm frozen in place, my eyes fixed on the figure. As I try to process what's happening, the figure takes another step closer. I can see the outline of a face, but it's still too dark to make out any features.

"Yuvraaj?"
"I know it's you yuvraaj."
"Fucking say something."

My heart racing, I take a step back, trying to create some distance. But the figure mirrors my movement, taking another step closer.

Suddenly, my instincts kick in. I need to get out of here, fast. I take a step forward, trying to confront the figure, but as I do, they turn and run.

I'm taken aback, surprised by the sudden movement. Without thinking, I give chase, racing after the figure as they dart out of the room.

We weave through the darkened hallways, my heart pounding in my chest. I'm gaining on the figure, but they're fast. They know the layout of the house, and they're using it to their advantage.

As we turn a corner, the figure suddenly stops and spins around. I skid to a halt, my eyes locked on theirs. For a moment, we stare at each other, the only sound our heavy breathing.

Then, in a flash, the figure turns and disappears into the night. I'm left standing there, wondering what just happend.
.
.
.
~to be continued