23. love test

AYAAN MUKHERJEE'S POV

'I can do whatever it takes to protect you,' he said. 'You'll stay here until I believe Yuvraaj is worthy of you.'

Yuvraaj stirred, finally waking up. 'What's going on?' he asked, confusion etched on his face.

Abhimann's eyes flicked to Yuvraaj. 'You'll find out soon enough,' he said. 'For now, let's just say you're both my guests... for a while.''

Yuvraaj's eyes widened as he took in our surroundings. "What do you mean we're your guests?" he demanded. "We can't just be held here against our will!"
(Lok who's talking?)

Abhimann smiled, a cold, calculating smile. "Oh, but you can," he said. "You see, I've been watching you, Yuvraaj. I've been watching the way you look at Ayaan, the way you touch him. And I don't like it."

I felt a surge of fear. What did Abhimann plan to do to us?

"Abhimann, stop this," I said, trying to reason with him. "You're my brother, not my jailer."

Abhimann's expression softened slightly, but his eyes remained hard. "I'm doing this for you, Ayaan," he said. "I'm doing this to protect you."

Yuvraaj sat up, his eyes flashing with anger. "Protect him from what?" he demanded. "From me?"

Abhimann nodded. "Yes, from you. I won't let you hurt him, Yuvraaj. I won't let you break his heart."

I knew I had to intervene before things escalated further. "Abhimann, listen to me," I said, placing a hand on his arm. "Yuvraaj would never hurt me. He loves me."

Abhimann's gaze flicked to Yuvraaj, his eyes searching for something. After a moment, he nodded. "Very well," he said. "I'll give you a chance to prove it. But if I suspect even for a moment that you're not good enough for Ayaan... let's just say you won't leave this mansion alive."

Abhimann's eyes narrowed. " I don't trust you yuvraaj you are a mafia, You're not good enough for Ayaan, Yuvraaj. You're a criminal, a thug."

Yuvraaj's expression turned cold, his eyes glinting with danger. "And you are?" he sneered. "A kidnapper? A psycho who locks people up in his mansion?"

Abhimann's face twisted in anger, but he controlled himself. "I'm Ayaan's brother," he said. "And I'll do whatever it takes to protect him from scum like you."

I knew I had to intervene before things escalated further. "Abhimann, stop this," I said, placing a hand on his arm. "Yuvraaj loves me, and I love him. That's all that matters."

Abhimann's gaze flicked to me, his eyes filled with pain. "You don't understand, Ayaan," he said. "You don't know what he's capable of. He's a mafia, Ayaan. He's a killer."

Yuvraaj's expression turned dark, his eyes flashing with anger. "I've done what I had to do to survive," he said. "But I'd never hurt Ayaan. I love him."

Abhimann snorted. "Love? You don't know the meaning of the word. You're using Ayaan for your own purposes."

I knew I had to make Abhimann see the truth. "Abhimann, listen to me," I said. "Yuvraaj loves me, and I love him. We're happy together. Please, just let us go."

Abhimann's expression softened slightly, but his eyes remained hard. "I'll let you go when I'm convinced Yuvraaj is good enough for you," he said. "Until then, you're staying here."

Abhimann's eyes gleamed with determination. "You'll stay in separate rooms," he said. "And you'll not be allowed to meet. I'll have someone keep an eye on you, Yuvraaj, at all times."

Yuvraaj's face darkened, but he said nothing. I knew he was seething with anger, but he was also calculating, thinking of a way to escape.

Abhimann nodded to one of his guards, a burly man with a cruel face. "Veer, keep an eye on Yuvraaj. Make sure he doesn't try anything funny."

Veer nodded, his eyes gleaming with sadistic pleasure. "Yes, sir. I'll keep him in line."

I felt a surge of fear. What did Abhimann plan to do to us?

"Abhimann, please," I said, trying to reason with him. "This is madness. Let us go."

Abhimann's expression turned cold. "You'll stay here until I'm convinced Yuvraaj is good enough for you," he said. "And if I find out he's trying to escape or harm you in any way... let's just say he won't live to regret it."

I knew I had to think fast. I had to find a way to escape, to get Yuvraaj out of here before Abhimann did something drastic.

But for now, I was trapped. Trapped in this mansion, with no way out.

Yuvraaj's eyes locked onto mine, his gaze burning with intensity. "Don't worry, Ayaan," he mouthed silently. "I'll find a way out of here. I'll come for you."

I nodded, trying to convey my trust in him.

Abhimann's voice cut through the air. "Veer, take Yuvraaj to his room. Now."

Veer, the burly guard, stepped forward, his hand on Yuvraaj's arm. "Let's go," he growled.

Yuvraaj didn't resist, but his eyes never left mine. I knew he was planning something.

As they left, Abhimann turned to me. "You'll stay in your room until further notice," he said. "Don't try to escape. My guards are everywhere."

I nodded, seething with frustration. But I knew I had to bide my time. I had to wait for Yuvraaj to make his move.

I was led to my room, a luxurious prison with no way out. But I knew Yuvraaj would find a way. He had to.

As I waited, I heard the sound of footsteps outside my door. It was veer, checking on me.

But then, I heard something else. A faint rustling sound, like paper being slipped under the door.

I rushed to the door, my heart pounding. And then, I saw it. A note, slipped under the door.

It was from Yuvraaj. "I'll come for you tonight," it read. "Be ready."
.
.
.
~to be continued