mother, daughter.

t's pov: 2 weeks later.

my parents got out of rehab last month, and they look better than ever. my pops have been treating me like a stranger since he got here. ion know what i ever did to make him act this way towards me, but hopefully, he comes out and tells me so we can get through it.

mama been tryna connect with me for the most part. as long as one willing and trying to change for the betterment of our relationship, then im happy even though i want both of em to be on the same page type shit. im cool with how shit plays out at the end of the day.

"need to go get this head of yours done." i said as i rubbed her hair over her head.

"stop it, raji. my hair looks fine."

"nah, that shit-"

"watch your mouth or get out."

"hey! take it easy on her!"

"no child of mine is gon sit here and be disrespectful!"

"its cool, ma. it aint gon happen again pop."

"good, dont let it." he said, walking to the back and slamming the door.

"im sorry, baby."

"what i do for him to hate me so much?"

"hey, stop, he doesn't hate you. all he ever did was talk about you in that place. i dont know what happened once we got back here. ill try and talk to him and see where everything went wrong."

"he ain't said nothing in two weeks, ma."

"i know, i know. i wish i knew why he just doesn't wanna tell me anything."

"yeah, well, it's alright. wanna go grab a bite?"

"yeah, and..." she gave me a suspicious look.

"and what?"

"you have something you wanna tell me?"

"i got alot to tell you."

"lets go grab that and sit down so we can catch up."

"bet. you know what pop would wanna eat?"

"he ain't coming, so he ain't getting shit."

"ma"

"he gon eat whatever a bitch bring back. now come on."

i couldn't help but smile seeing how happy she was. i aint seen her this active in years, so i kind of forgot how it was witnessing her like this.

we went to the mall to grab a few things for her that she liked and got food before going to the food court.

"i can only imagine how you felt being out in this cruel world alone. ill never be able to forgive myself for even mixing myself up with that life when my life was right there infront of me, the only life i ever needed...michael as well. when you ran away, i lost it, and i lost myself. i let the drugs ruin me and, most importantly, my relationship with my kids. i can't make it up to mike, but if you let me, i will definitely make up for the time i missed."

"yeah, im down. long as you trying im willing to give you a chance. mike would've wanted that, too."

"that boy loved his momma. his momma just wasn't stable enough to love him the way he was supposed to be loved, so he went out and found it in the streets and i wish it never got to that point where he had to have his life taken."

"yeah, i know. you know he took care of me when i ran away. "

"i didn't know. how was it with him?"