Part:4🦋

The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows that mirrored his growing unease. His phone buzzed, and he saw it was from one of his trusted men, Jimin. Without hesitation, he answered.

"Jungkook, it's urgent," Jimin's voice trembled.

"What is it?" Jungkook's grip tightened on the phone.

"Boss... he's dead. Heart attack. It happened just a while ago."

Jungkook's mind went blank for a moment. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, absolutely. I saw him myself. The paramedics tried to revive him, but it was too late."

Jungkook rubbed his temple, feeling the weight of the situation pressing down on him. "Where are you now?"

"I'm at the mansion. People are already gathering. But... Jungkook, it's strange."

"What do you mean?"

Jimin hesitated before speaking again. "No one seems upset. They're laughing, talking like it's just another day. It's... unsettling."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed. "I'll be there soon." He hung up, grabbed his coat, and rushed out of his office.

As a key figure in the mafia, this news had more implications than just personal loss. It was the loss of their leader, their strategist, their pillar.

Arriving at the boss's mansion, Jungkook was greeted not by somber faces or quiet mourning, but by an unsettling scene.

People were gathered in clusters, laughing and chatting as if at a celebration.

His eyes scanned the crowd, looking for someone who mirrored his shock. Instead, he found indifference.

Jimin approached him quickly. "Jungkook, this is bizarre. I've been listening to them. They're not just indifferent; some are glad he's gone."

Jungkook's jaw tightened. "Where's Alex?"

Jimin pointed towards the front steps of the mansion. "Over there. He doesn't seem bothered at all."

Jungkook's gaze finally landed on Alex, the boss's son. Alex stood near the front steps, a drink in hand, an easy smile on his face.

There was no trace of sorrow, no sign of a son mourning his father. Jungkook approached him, his disbelief growing with each step.

"Alex," Jungkook said, his voice flat. "What's going on here? Your father just died."

Alex shrugged, taking a leisurely sip of his drink. "Yeah, I know. But life goes on, doesn't it? Why dwell on the past?"

Jungkook's eyes narrowed. "This is how you react? People call me Devil, but this... this is inhuman."

Alex laughed lightly, shaking his head. "You're too serious, Jungkook. He wasn't a saint. Everyone knew that."

As Alex continued to smile, Jungkook's ears caught snippets of conversations around him. He overheard a man say, "Good riddance, if you ask me. The old man had it coming."

Another voice chimed in, "He was a tyrant. Always thought he was untouchable."

Jungkook's jaw tightened further. "These people," he said, his voice barely more than a whisper, "they're worse than anything I've ever been called. If I'm Devil, then what should they be called?"

Alex's smile faltered for a moment, but then he regained his composure. "You think too much. Just let it go."

Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to suppress the growing anger inside him. "Let it go? Alex, these people-your father's so-called friends and allies-are celebrating his death. Doesn't that bother you even a little?"