Prologue

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka 

The end of the academic year arrived with an air of finality that was almost palpable. For most students at Advanced Nurturing High School (ANHS), graduation meant the culmination of years of rigorous training and preparation for their future paths. For Ayanokoji, it was more than just a conclusion—it was a beginning, a rebirth.

As the final bell echoed through the hallowed halls of ANHS, students flooded into the courtyard, their faces flushed with excitement and relief. The once oppressive atmosphere of the school had transformed into one of liberation. Graduation day was a spectacle of smiles and tears, a rare moment of genuine emotion in a place that had long been a battleground of competition and strategy.

Ayanokoji stood apart from the crowd, his gaze sweeping over the scene with a mixture of detachment and contemplation. His time at ANHS had been marked by strategic maneuvering and calculated decisions, but today was different. Today, he was no longer a cog in the White Room's relentless machine; today, he was free.

The White Room's exposure had sent shockwaves through the educational and corporate worlds. News of the inhumane experiments and the manipulation of students had ignited public outrage, leading to a wave of investigations and reforms. ANHS, once a bastion of control, was now under intense scrutiny. Ayanokoji's role in the exposure had been pivotal, but his identity remained closely guarded.

As the crowd began to thin, Ayanokoji turned away from the spectacle of celebration. The freedom he had fought for was bittersweet. The intense glare of the spotlight and the weight of his past were not easily discarded. He had planned his departure with meticulous care, knowing that anonymity was crucial for his next steps.

Months had passed since the graduation ceremony, and Ayanokoji had been living under the radar. His new identity was carefully crafted—a blank slate to start anew. He had chosen the name Akira Kaneda, a symbolic rebirth that mirrored his transition from a life of control to one of self-determination.

He was no longer a trapped in the White Room but a man with the chance to shape his own destiny. And with that realization, he took his first step into a future he would create for himself, leaving behind the shadows of his past and embracing the promise of a new beginning.