Sixty

Demi's POV

I watched as Sierra stared down at her food. I had started eating five minutes ago, and she hasn't even picked up her fork. "Please eat."

"I don't want to," she mumbled. I gave her a stern look, and she eventually picked up her fork. I watched as she moved the food around her plate, refusing to put it in her mouth.

"That's not eating."

Sierra scooped a small amount of food on her fork, and slowly brought it up to her mouth. "You can do it," I encouraged as she placed her fork in her mouth. "Good," I continued. "See? You it's okay."

"Demi, I can't," she whined as she put her fork back down.

"Yes, you can. I believe in you."

"It would be easier if I just don't."

"I'm not going to let you do that, Sierra. Hunger is not an enjoyable feeling."

"It's better than being fat."

"Listen to me. I never ever want to hear you call yourself fat again. Do you understand me?"

She went silent as she stared down at her plate.

"You can do it. I'm eating."

"But you're not-" I raised my eyebrows as she cut off her own sentence. She sighed and picked up her fork. I was already done eating by the time she ate half of her plate. The whole time, I was encouraging her. I know the first meal is always the hardest. Finally, she had eaten everything on the plate.

"Good job."

"I have to use the restroom," Sierra said as she shot up out of her seat and ran to the restroom. I stood up right after her and caught her before she made it. "No!"

"We've done this before, remember?"

"I have to!"

"No you don't." I was trying to keep calm as she squirmed in my arms.

"Let go!"

"Sierra, I'm not going to let you." I managed to pick her up and bring her to the couch. Just like before, I held her and tried to calm her down. She was persistent, but she finally stopped. "See? It's okay."

"No," she cried.

"I promise, you will one day thank me for this."

"When?" she choked out, still trying to control her sobs.

"When you get better."

"That won't happen until I lose enough weight."

"Sierra, you can only lose so much. What weight are you looking for?"

"Until I can look in the mirror without seeing fat."

"What did I tell you at breakfast? Never call yourself fat. You need self respect." When she didn't talk, I continued. "You are a beautiful young girl. You're smart. You need to learn to love who you are. That's the first step." She sniffled, finally stopping her tears. "Promise me you'll try?" She nodded, not wanting to speak. "Alright." I kissed the top of her head and reached for the remote. "How about some TV?"

What do you readers want to happen?

Thanks for reading!