42. The news

Summary:

Spoilers for BC episodes up to the 131

Chapter Text

Vanessa was sitting at the corner table at their favorite bar. Luckily it did not get destroyed during the elf invasion, so the drinking buddies still had their favorite spot. It was open, because people needed some place to wind down and relax after all the hardships connected to rebuilding the capital.

Vanessa was wearing her classical, mini, plum dress and high boots in a matching color. Her pink hair fell down in beautiful waves and her witch hat was hung up on the hanger nearby. She smiled brightly upon seeing Helena and made an excited wave.

There were two more chairs by the table and Helena took a seat in one of them.

" Hola Vanessa," she smiled and then glanced at an empty chair. "Where's Finral?"

"Carrying our drinks," she announced and pointed towards the Black Bulls with a messy brown and green hairstyle, and wearing a green tunic. He was trying to balance with three pints of beer in his hands. It looked like a struggle, so Helena got up in order to help him. Grateful Finral passed her one of the pints.

"Hello ladies," he grinned once he finally set them on the table and then plopped onto his seat.

"Good to see you, Finral," Helena smiled. "I've missed you guys. It's been so busy since the attack. I've had my hands full with Healer's Tower paperwork and overall managing the relief action," she complained, but there was a proud note in her voice. Helena was glad that she was helping the citizens.

"Was this some kind of a promotion for you?" Vanessa inquired.

"I guess," Helena shrugged her shoulders. "Now that everyone at the hospital knows who I am it got a little awkward. Everybody is scared to speak in front of me and the director keeps on bringing me flowers..." she sighed. "So for now I'm transferring to the Healer's Tower. I'll be directly helping you guys," Helena smiled at her magic knight's friends.

"This seems..." Finral paused, "complicated."

Helena chuckled and looked at them fondly.

"It is," she admitted. "Now it's your turn. I know about Asta's interrogation and the mission of researching devils. How is that going?"

"Tomorrow morning I'm actually going to Heart Kingdom," Finral announced.

"What?!" Helena exclaimed, surprised as she nearly spat out some beer that she was sipping on. "Where did that come from?"

"Our squad members discovered that there's a powerful curse cast upon someone in Heart," Vanessa explained. "We formed a small team that's supposed to check it."

"Who are the members?" Helena asked.

"Me," Finral pointed at his chest, "Asta, Noelle and Mimosa."

"That's a good team," she nodded. "I saw Noelle some time ago and she didn't mention anything about this excursion."

"When she visited the Silvas?" Vanessa made sure.

"Yeah."

"They got the mission later, so that's why," she added.

"What about you then?" Helena raised her brow.

When she heard that question Vanessa looked around cautiously and leaned in closer to the center of the table. Finral and Helena followed.

"Magna, Luck and I are going on a secret mission to spy on Diamond," she whispered.

Helena's eyes widened in shock. What did Diamond have to do with all of this? A sudden wave of worry swept over her. She wondered how her family was doing and whether everything was alright.