9. Car crash

"I want to write this part!" Hawk exclaimed, taking the pen from Robin's hands.

"No way, I'm writing. Wait for your turn." She retorted, taking it back.

He jumped on her, stretching his hand to grab the pen while her hand was pushing his face away.

"What are you two doing?" Wayne's voice echoed through the room, and the two stilled, as if caught red handed.

"Fine, you can go." Hawk grumbled.

"No, it's fine. You go." Robin replied and handed him the pen.

"No, you wanted to go, now you go." He placed the pen back in her hand.

"You wanted to go more." She threw it at him.

He threw it back, "I'm being kind."

"I'm kinder." She threw it again.

"Are they stupid?" Fayette entered the room with a slightly perplexed look.

"Can't deny that."

Robin

"Are you alright?" Hawk screamed, trying to steady himself between me and the airbag.

I took a moment to assert the situation. We crashed against a tree.

I nodded at him. He too seemed fine.

Wayne was going to kill me.

"I'm so, so, so sorry. I-I didn't mean to-"

"Shut it." I pushed his face away from me and got out of the car.

I was relieved no one got hurt. Hawk followed me out. His hair and clothes were a mess, and I tried not to chuckle.

"Really, Robin. I'm so extremely sorry, I-"

"It's fine. I'll have someone pick it up and it'll be repaired in no time. Wayne won't notice."

Hawk put his head between his hands. "Oh no. This is Wayne's car! This is bad, this is really bad. The guy's gonna kill me."

I half chuckled and ruffled his already messy hair.

I retracted my hand that instant, why did I feel the need to comfort the guy who crashed my car?

"I'll pay you back so-"

"I won't tell Wayne. He won't notice, and no need to pay me back. I crossed the line by spraying you with water, it's also my fault."

"No, I really will pay you back-"

"Your elbow is bleeding." I cut him off, noticing the scratch.

"Ah, it's fine. It doesn't hurt."

I turned around, glad I knew the area. "There's a chemist's not too far from here. Let's go."

My legs trembled, the shock of the crash evident in my shaking.

We soon reached the chemist's and I bought band aids and disinfectant.

He sat down on a bench, and I kneeled down to clean the scratch.

"How much did it cost? I'll give you back the money when we are at the apartment."

"Oh my- Shut up! I don't need you to pay me back all the time. Just accept what I buy you and let it go." I blurted out, too upset to care about how harsh my tone was.

He flinched, and I kept his arm still. "It doesn't hurt, you're just dramatic."

He huffed in response.