Searching You

I woke up cuddling kokichi. I feel terrible knowing what happened last night. Why would I even think of that thief? It's Kokichi I like right? His beautiful eyes, his long eyelashes, his purple hair, his soft skin... At this point i'm touching his face like a weirdo. He seems so cute, so calm, so not Kokichi. I almost kissed that thief and moments later i'm actually kissing Kokichi. My phone started to ring waking up Kokichi.

"Ah sorry Kokichi i'm just going to take this real quick." - Shuichi

*Shuichi we were doing some research and seems like that thief is going to be at the jewelry store tonight so be ready around 8:00. You've been slacking Mr. "Ultimate Detective". If your uncle finds out you know..*

"Yeah okay I get it. I'm trying my best." - Shuichi

I hung up and look towards Kokichi looked off.

"You ok Kokichi?" - Shuichi

"Yeah but Shuichi you are the Ultimate Detective so why is it that you haven't solved your case?"
- Kokichi

"I'll be honest with you Kokichi but I don't want to solve the case. The moment I do i'll have to go back with my uncle. I want to stay here with you.." - Shuichi

"Shuichi.. Can I tell you something?" - Kokichi

"Of course Kokichi you can always trust me with anything." - Shuichi

I was wondering if he would finally tell me his ultimate or maybe that he loved me. Wouldn't it be wrong? For him to love me when I can't even pick who I love?

"Shuichi did you hear me?" - Kokichi

"Oh sorry Kokichi I was just uhm thinking." - Shuichi

"Maybe that's a good thing. Let's talk another time ok? And your secret is safe with me." - Kokichi

He started to get up so I grabbed onto his arm.
"Kokichi I got a question." - Shuichi

"What is it?" - Kokichi

"What's your Ultimate? Don't lie to me please I know you have one." - Shuichi

"Woah Mr. Detective ask me out on a date first!" - Kokichi

Kokichi started to laugh but I only knew one other person who talks to me like that.. That's when he stopped laughing and looked at me. His eyes got wide as he made eye contact with me and mine were already wide.

"Well i'll get going before Kaede or Rantaro see us together, shirts off." - Kokichi

"Yeah okay." - Shuichi

It was just a coincidence right? I got up and got ready and went to check the Kokichi's notebook. It was gone. This only makes things worse. It's all a coincidence. That's what i'll keep telling myself. I opened up my own files and erased Kokichi as a suspect. I was dumb for even writing it down because there's no way that's a possibility.

That night the police were wrong. The thief didn't show up. I also received a letter, "Mr. Saihara we are here to inform you that you've been invited to the Ultimate party for the Ultimates. The address is **** Ballroom. You will be given a mask to wear at the door and you've been given an outfit in your closet. We hope you'll show up!" I looked in my closet and saw the outfit. I wonder who else is going? He would be there. If I go to Kokichi's house and see his outfit maybe i'll finally know his ultimate. I walked to the door and put on my shoes ready to leave. Kaede let me borrow her jeep and gave me his address.

"Where are you going Shuichi?" - Rantaro

"Meet up with a friend." - Shuichi