Chapter 5 (Re-Written)

Kian's POV

-

J-Jc. . he- he isn't with you?

The words rung in my ears as I called Jc as quick as I could. 

One ring.

C'mon Jc. . pick up the damn phone. .

Two Rings.

Jc. . c'mon. . tell me you just went to the store or something and you're late now. .

Three then four rings.

Silence.

The last ring rang, and when Kian was putting his phone down from his ear, he heard a voice.

It wasn't Jc's though.

"Who are you? Why do you have Jc's phone? Do you know where he is?" I ask quickly.

"Well, yes. I do happen to know where he is. In fact, he's right beside me, but he's not fit to talk, as he's tied up at the moment. ." The voice said. Anger filled my entire body.

"Where are you? What are you doing to him? Give him the phone!" I yell.

"Oh, well, as to where I am, check his bedroom. What am I doing to him, you ask? I'm finishing what I started. Now, as to you, I advise you not to call the police on me. I know your exact location, and if you or anyone you tell, calls them, and I will know if you do, I will not hesitate to inflict the worst kinds of pain on your precious boyfriend. "

"Please," My eyes started to fill with tears at the thought of Jc getting hurt, "Don't hurt him. What do you want me to do?"

"Well, by the time you even try to understand where I am, I will be more than done with your precious Justin.  Well, I guess the more time you take, the more things I get to do to him, eh?" I could practically hear the person smirk through the phone.

"Who are you?" I asked, pleadingly.

"You'll find out soon enough. Until then, I'll be enjoying Jc. Goodbye." The phone call ended there, and I just stared at the ground, and I totally forgot where I was. I didn't care where I was, I didn't care what I was doing, all I knew was that Jc was about to get hurt, and I needed to get to him as fast as I could.  Jc's mother just stared at me.

"What-what did th-they say?" She said, trying to hold back her tears.

"W-Well," I started to say, holding back tears just as she was, "Someone. . took him. They said if they wanted to know where I was, go look in his bedroom, and the longer we take to find him, the more pain they will inflict on him. ." I said, my voice shaking with every word.

"Let's just call the po-police." She stuttered.

"No, they said if we did, they would do the worst kinds of pain on him. Let's just go check his room." I say, and start walking upstairs, just as I hear someone fall to the ground, followed by sobs from the room I just exited. I walked back in, and it was Jc's mom, on the floor, crying uncontrollably. 

"Mrs-Mrs. Caylen. . It's okay. Trust me, we will find him, I promise. I need him just as much as you do, okay? Way more than you probably think. ." I say, trying to comfort her, but failing, as she cried harder.

"N-N-No, you don't understand, he's my s-son, and you-you're just his fr-friend, and to think th-that someone is hurting h-him, it kills m-me." She stutters so bad I can barely hear what she was trying to tell me.

"I know this isn't the best time to tell you, but, me and Jc are more than friends, we. . we're dating, actually. It's killing me too, to know what things could be happening to him. . So, we both love him in different ways, but we both love him very much, and you now know that. Now, do you want to go search his room so we can find him quicker?" She had a look of shock on her face, but then she nodded, and I helped her get up, and we walked upstairs to Jc's room, and once we walked in, even a stranger could know someone messed around in it.

Jc's bed covers and sheets were pulled all over the place, his clothes were scattered everywhere, his school things in the oddest places, everything looked as though he, or someone, left in a hurry. 

"Well, this is going to be a pain in the ass to look through, but, oh well. It's for Jc." I said, and started picking up his clothes and looking underneath them. Mrs. Caylen then looked inside drawers of some sort. There was silence for a while, as none of us found anything useful, but then she spoke up.

"I know this isn't a great time to bring this up, b-but how long have you and Justin been dating. .? He never told me. ." She asked, softly.

"Oh. . well, we've been going out for about a week now. I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner. We just wanted to get comfortable with ourselves. I hope you understand that." I say, while looking through some papers lying on the floor.

"O-Oh, yes. I understand. But, he never even told me he. . he liked boys in that way. I don't mind, of course, I just wish he would have told me."

"Oh, yeah. I didn't tell my parents either. Sometimes we don't know how they would react, you know? Some parents might have kicked us out. But me and him got lucky." I look over and smile at her, she weakly returns it.

"I'm just glad he found someone he loves. The last relationship he had didn't go so well, but now that I think about it, I can't remember him ever saying it was a girl or not. ." She trails off. I really didn't have anything to say after that, so I just nodded, and continued to look through pages after pages for at least something. I hoped with all I could muster that Jc was alright. It hurt me so much to think of someone hurting him so badly. .  His mother spoke up once more, knocking the thoughts away for a moment.

"Y-you do love him?" She simply asked, more of a statement then a question.

"More than anything." I quietly say.

"I'm happy for you two." She nods, and I smile back at her.

Immediately after that, I found something written on a page.

"Hey, I found something!" I said happily, and Mrs. Caylen walks over to me, and I show her it, and she reads it aloud.

"Inside me the adventurous find, quests and treasures of every kind, trolls, goblins, orcs, and more await, within my closed walls for all those that wish to visit me, your hands are the key to secrets untold, and your mind will unlock the door." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask, and look over at her. She has a very focused look on her face. There was silence between us while we tried to make sense of the riddle. Then, Mrs. Caylen then got a look on her face that told me she knew what the riddle meant.

"It's in a book, Kian! It's in a book! The next clue has to be in a book!" She exclaimed, and me and her hurriedly looked through every page of every book Jc owned.

But we didn't find anything. 

I was about to punch the wall out of frustration and anxiety, but then, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

It looked like a book.

I walked over to the corner it was pushed up into, and flipped through every page in it. There was nothing there.

Except for the last page.

I showed Mrs. Caylen, and she was about to cry out in tears as she read the handwriting aloud:

"Smith St N, Alleyway." 

We knew where we had to go next.

If only we knew then how dangerous it would be.

-

I'm so sorry guys, this chapter ended when the story wasn't finished, and I didn't know, until recently, so everything in the story is still the same, but after Kian and Jc's mom are trying to figure out the riddle, that's when the story cut off, and I had to re-enter everything after that. So, it should be good to go, now. Thanks for reading, like always. :) <3