Stop multitasking

Now you must be thinking that multitasking is a good thing, it saves me a lot of time bla bla bla but NO!! You need to change this mindset right now!

We often multitask. For example, while studying, we listen to songs (lyrical music) which often distract us. Even if it's only for a small duration, it distracts us from studying. And you need 23 minutes to re-gain your focus on one task from another task. Now think again, if you got distracted for even 15-30 seconds, you'll need to study 23 minutes more without being distracted to get back to that focus. So, instead of wasting so much time and energy, let's just stop multitasking and make life easier.

According to Wikipedia, even if you train your brain very well, it cannot focus on two things at the same time. And if you focus on one thing at a time then you can get it done in a small duration of time which will further help you to save time, then you can do other tasks in the time you saved and that too with complete focus.

Multitasking has shown to increase stress levels as well which will reduce the quality of your sleep and you know what, sleep is the most important thing that you need to rejuvenate your brain and body to go on with your day productively

Multitasking has shown to increase stress levels as well which will reduce the quality of your sleep and you know what, sleep is the most important thing that you need to rejuvenate your brain and body to go on with your day productively. And somewhere in this world, we are all looking for productivity and a healthy lifestyle so, why not get it all with just this simple habit.

Let me give you my own example, I used to multitask a lot. I'd do all the things together and just ruin it all. I used to watch lectures on my tablet and play a game along with it in my phone and eat at the same time. And because of that I had to go back again and again and re- watch the same part of the video because I couldn't understand anything and I spilled the food on my table or bed as well. What did I gain by doing this?? More work i guess!

I read many books on how to be productive and watched many YouTube videos too but all I needed to do is stop doing one thing and start doing one thing at a time.

How to stop multitasking? Don't complicate it, it's easy to do. Start tracking your life and see if you're multitasking or not while doing your daily chores and if you're multitasking, STOP! And start doing one thing at a time. Do it for 7 days and you'll see the change and trust me you'll love the change in your productivity levels and productivity is a little secret of the successful people you need to know!