Chapter 3

My shift had started, and the first thing i'm going to do is give the almond tofu to the adeptus

My shift had started, and the first thing i'm going to do is give the almond tofu to the adeptus. After the long day with Hu Tao and Zhongli, i've been overthinking about Zhonglis words AND about how i'm going to give the tofu to Xiao. I mean, he could be anywhere at this hour? I can't just summon him like some dog.

I looked at myself in the mirror making sure I looked okay, before grabbing the tofu in my hands steadily, and heading up the stairs. Each step felt like I was getting closer to my death, but I made it to the top hesitating to enter. Why am I getting so nervous over this jeez.

I finally took the remaining steps forward and immediately looked at the roof. He wasn't sitting there like the first night I met him. It was completely empty. I went further to the table in front of me and placed the tofu on top.
I couldn't help but feel déjà vu as I went to the railing and crossed my arms on it.

The perfect place to think was definitely up here, specifically about that yaksha, his name was...

"Alatus" I whispered to myself, slightly frowning. What does he have to do with me? Maybe Zhongli was just messing with m-

"You called?" An extremely familiar voice rings out from behind me, as per usual. I turn around but he's already at the table eating his almond tofu, as if he knew it was made just for him.

"What the- I didn't call anyone, how did you know I was here?"

"As I just said, you called me. Anyone who says my name I will hear, and be there at your guidance." He said like it's the most obvious thing ever.

I stood there in shock. "YOURE ALATUS?"

He just nodded as he continued eating, not realising I was literally going through a crisis. How did Zhongli know we were even acquainted? I never mentioned Xiao to anyone other than Xiangling, and even she didn't mention an Alatus.

"It doesn't seem like you need my help, I shall take my leave then." He was already finished eating and about to disappear like he usually does but I grabbed his wrist. "Okay look, we do need to talk a little bit. First I just wanted to...thank you...for the help with my vision, and stuff..." Saying this is way harder than I thought, I literally had the whole conversation played out in my head yet I couldn't think of a single word to say.

It was slightly windy, making his hair move sideways and into his line of vision. "And the other thing being that I would like your help."

He looked at me confused. "With what? You seem perfectly safe to me."

I sighed and almost face palmed. "Not regarding my safety, it's about that thing you said this morning, you could help me with my vision, correct?" He seemed to catch on pretty quickly after that.

"So that's what this whole set up was? To get on good terms with me to get my help?" He said smugly, clearly knowing this would get a rise out of me. "Don't make me kick your ass off this balcony."