Chapter 5

A few hours have passed since Xiao and I have parted ways, and I was on my way to the Jade Chamber

A few hours have passed since Xiao and I have parted ways, and I was on my way to the Jade Chamber. It wasn't anything interesting really, I just needed to give the Wangshu Inns business documents to show that the inns doing fine at the current moment, and just an overall overview of what's been going on.

I was already in Liyue harbour, passing by a lot of worried faces. Seems the rumours the fatui have been spreading aren't only circling around the inn..

Even Wanmin restaurant was closed, along with a couple of other businesses. It made me speed up to the high areas of the city so they could get me to the Jade Chamber as fast as possible, I wasn't planning on staying here a while longer. I strode over to the male that usually stays there and lets people up, telling him the password discreetly.

When I was finally on top, I felt the wind become harsher and colder, it was seriously unnerving. There was this feeling in my gut screaming at me, that I wasn't supposed to be here, yet I sucked it up and made my way inside, going to the area that usually takes important business documents such as these. I straightened out my clothes and knocked on the door.

My clutch on the documents tightened slightly from nervousness as someone rushed to the door. Like usual, it was Ningguangs secretary, Baishi. "Oh dear, Y/n i'm so sorry I completely forgot you'd be coming today. I should've cancelled as soon as the fatuis threats were around but I just became so busy and-"

I just smiled at her to try ease her nerves and calm her down. "Don't worry Baishi, I know you're under lots of pressure right now, you seriously don't have to worry! You can just take these documents and i'll rush home as soon as possible."

She took a deep breath in and with slightly shaking hands took the documents. "I don't know Y/n... I don't think it's safe for you to leave. Everyone in the harbour was instructed to stay inside, so I think you should take shelter at the chamber for now."

This scared me to bits. What could possibly be happening that everyone is supposed to be hiding away in their homes? I felt myself shake a little from a gust of wind as someone entered inside. Baishi and I turned around to see a horror stricken Baiwen and Baixiao, the other two secretaries.

"I-it's happening. Something is arising from the sea. N-no not something, the ancient God, Osial, has been risen by the fatui, and we don't have an Archon to protect us.." Baiwen stutters out, mostly speaking to herself. Clearly everyone here thinks after the assassination of Rex Lapis, if there was any danger we were doomed. As if on queue, the Jade Chamber began to shake.

"What is going on?!" People around me panicked and went to hide in their assigned rooms while the secretaries and I went outside to see what chaos was about to land upon Liyue. As soon as I stepped outside, it became clear to me how much I didn't belong there. Adepti along with the Liyue Qixing were standing all together as we neared Osial, inching towards the sea. The gusts of wind were powerful, cold and wet.