Chapter 2

Day two of my night shift at the Wangshu Inn began

Day two of my night shift at the Wangshu Inn began. That pretty male never left my mind since yesterday. I've heard from around that his name is Xiao, and the reason he's greatly respected is because he's an adeptus. It'll take more than that to get my respect, though!

Yet as I walked to the river to wash the laundry, his words were stuck in my head. I truly was blessed with a hydro vision, and it really has no use for me, but something inside me is telling me to use it, to learn to fight. I can't imagine myself as a waitress forever, I want to explore, live my life to the fullest..

As my hands dipped into the river to check the temperature, an idea came to my head. I laid a piece of clothing on the floor and took a step back from it. I then took a deep breath in and started emitting hydro from my vision, steadily transferring it to the piece of clothing, soaking it completely.

"I barely did anything, yet that really tired me out." I groaned and kneeled down to pick the cloth up.

"That's because you're over complicating it." Says a voice from behind me. I jumped and turned around, still sat on the ground. I frowned upon seeing the most annoying person in my life right now.

"Okay genius, I know what i'm doing! You just caught me at a bad moment.."
I try to play it cool as I turn back around, about to pick up another piece of clothing until I get roughly pulled up by my wrist.

"W-what in the world are you doing!" I exclaimed loudly as he swiftly moved behind me and took my wrists into his hands.

"For a catalyst user such as yourself, you need to swiftly move your hands like this, for the water to understand in what direction it should go, and don't put too much energy into it, you're making a small pool of water come out, not a whole tsunami." He instructs me, yet I could barely focus from how close he was.

I could feel his breath on my neck and his chest pressed up against my back. His hands firm yet gentle, instructing how to use my vision. I feel my cheeks get slightly red. I break out his grasp and look at him face to face. "Yeah, whatever, I knew that." I huffed out, crossing my arms from slight embarrassment.

"Well then, I hope to not see such pathetic moves as you have done previously ever again." He replies smugly, looking amused. I felt my face get even hotter from the mention of my poor attempts only moments ago.

"How about you go busy yourself with your silly little adeptus activities instead of spying on me!" I grumbled out while kneeling back down to clean the clothing that was left behind.

I heard silence after that, meaning he had left. Yet after what he had showed me, it had me wanting to try out my new found power. I practised the technique he showed me, over and over until it was to my satisfaction. He was right, what I did before was pathetic, but i'd never admit to that of course!