Chapter 6

As soon as Y/n felt good enough to make it to work, she was bombarded with questions by her mother

As soon as Y/n felt good enough to make it to work, she was bombarded with questions by her mother. Verr could only run straight to her from behind the desk and give her a comforting hug. She pulled Y/n off to the side to discuss the previous events that happened days ago by now.

A few tears pricked Verrs eyes as she stood before Y/n, holding her shoulders gently. "I was so worried when I heard the Jade Chamber was now in pieces! Knowing I sent you off  there just to give some documents.. and I knew about the rumours I just didn't think they'd act so soon!" Her voice slightly cracking at the end, as she blamed herself for the outcome.

"Mom, believe it or not, that was one of the best experiences I have had in a while." As Y/n said that she could only lead her mom back behind the desk and wipe her tears. Verr stood there shocked and confused, a horrific event in history just happened, yet for her daughter it was enlightening?

"I'll tell you everything later, I promise! Let's just get to work for now and don't you worry about a thing!" She winks at her mom playfully before going to the elevator. Ever since that day, she hasn't seen Xiao. He was already healed and explained that he doesn't actually need to eat, and sleep is barely necessary.

Yet as she walked around the tables on the bottom floor, she could only remember how she felt when he had his hands tightly around her waist, how it felt to have their hands intertwined. Such strange feelings considering she could only roll her eyes at the mention of his name about a month ago.

But maybe that was the end of their time together. As much as she still wanted to train with him, she could always ask Xingqiu. It's been a while since they've met anyways. She was cleaning up the tables that had people sitting there just moments before, and looking around to see if anyone had come to order something.

To her surprise, she had spotted a tall elegant man sitting at a table, non other than Zhongli. She quickly made it over to him with a big smile plastered on her face. "Welcome sir! Have been seeing you around a lot lately!"

A chuckled erupted from his throat as he softly looked at Y/n. "I'm afraid my companion is late, yet I don't think he has refused to come. Maybe just in hiding." He replied while looking straight up to the inn.

"You think he's up there?" She points her finger up to the inns direction questioningly. He nods and smiles, "Perhaps he needs a familiar face to help him down." And that's how she found herself back up the elevator and to the balcony.

She walked behind him slowly, aware that he definitely senses her presence. There she found a disheveled Xiao, deep eye bags under his eyes with furrowed brows. "He's waiting for you, don't want to make him wait any longer, hm?" She said as softly as she could manage, as if talking to a child.