Game's Night

"It's finally night" Paola thought, throwing herself on her bed and hitting herself with one of the dolls on the bed.

-Ouch. -she complained, moving the dolls to her desk. -How can one of these dolls hurt so much?

She got up and put her Nintendo Switch on the device that connects it to the television. She removed the controls, turned on the television, put on the headphones, and sat down. She grabbed her two plushies from his favorite video game, Five Nights at Freddy's -a saga of horror games with several installments created by Scott Cawthon- Foxy and Circus Baby, and she moved Foxy away from the rest of the stuffed animals and left Circus on her legs.

-Well, we're on vacation and I don't have to get up early tomorrow, shall we stay up trying to pass the demonic night? -Paola asked her doll in a whisper, since it was late and her family was already sleeping. She turned on the game and started playing Night 4 of the video game, which she had been stuck on for months. -I swear, either I pass it or I'm not going to sleep. Today we finish the game.- Paola said in a whisper.

It was 11 o'clock when she started playing, and 1:30 in the morning when she managed to get past it. She started kicking excitedly and had to resist the urge to scream with excitement while squeezing her Circus plushie.

-I did it! I've been stuck for months and I'm finally going to beat the game! -she whispered to her plushie, caressing it after squeezing it as an apology. She settled down again until she was comfortable, and began to enjoy the scene after the night.

While she was in the elevator at the game, she began to think about the night he had now.
She brought her stuffed animal face to face with her.

-Wait, it's night 5... -she whispered to Circus- Oh no... The final night, the scooper! Noooo! Poor Michael, I don't want that ending. What if I just do the secret ending thing? No, right? But I don't want to see the scooper, it makes me scared and i feel bad for Mike. -she debated alone as if she were talking to the stuffed animal. -Okaaaay, I'll get the ending... Sooner or later I'll have to do it. But I'm going to suffer.

The doll looked at her expressionlessly and, fortunately, without responding.
The girl continued playing a little more, until she reached the area where you have to put some codes into Circus Baby.
At one point she left the headphones and controls on the bed and went in total silence to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

When she returned, before putting on her headphones, she realized that the scene had changed. -Ehh, Circus, have you touched something...? -She asked in a whisper, scared and hoping that the doll hadn't done anything, because no matter how much she liked it, if it was haunted she wouldn't hesitate to throw it into the fireplace. -Well, the baby started crying without batteries and is still here, I forgive you. -He whispered jokingly so as not to give it importance.

Paola grabbed the controls, silently laughing at herself for believing that the doll had a life of its own.
But as soon as he pressed a key in-game, a hand appeared on the screen, from inside, with the arm sticking out from the bottom of the screen, as if it were out of shot below.
The girl gasped, startled, as she dropped the controls and they fell onto the bed.

'That... that didn't have to happen, right? -she thought nervously- in none of the videos I've seen did this happen, could it be an Easter egg...? Fuck it actually scared me..." She hugged her plushie once again and extended her arm towards the controls.

As soon as she touched them, another hand also appeared trying to grab the screen.
The girl was stunned. "This doesn't have to happen..." she murmured, trembling. Thoughts jumbled in his head. "And what do I do? Should I go out and wake up my grandmother? It's 2... Also, what would she do? I should turn off the television and that's it... Or the Nintendo. Or... Or... I DON'T KNOW!" She thought confused and trembling. She couldn't see it, but she was convinced that she was pale. Cold sweat began to soak her hair and forehead.
The girl decided to turn off the Nintendo and go to sleep.
But before he approached the desk, the hands began to slide downwards.